Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for a post that another mod thanked me for?

Options
  • 13-09-2014 4:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 245 ✭✭

I don't see anything wrong with the post I made. I think the mod who banned me was bang out of order and banned me because he/she disagrees with my posts overall and overreacted here with a ban.

Its an abuse of mod powers if you ask me. Especially since another mod thanked the post and saw no problem with it.

I sent the mod a PM about it and opened this thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92179984&postcount=588

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Hi paddy

I've had a look at this.
    Before I proceed let me make it clear that mod decisions are not a popularity contest, so the fact that your post has been thanked has no bearing on this. The fact that the poster who thanked it is a mod in another forum also means nothing.

Now to your post. While I can see what you were trying to say here and you may have had a point it is the whole way you wrote it that is the problem. Instead of "attacking" the post you made it personal.
    You've been badly mindf*cked by the PUA stuff you've inhaled.
    &
    Seriously, it's made you see socializing in a very weird way.

I'll be honest I too may have thanked your post here except for that very fact, in making it personal you crossed the line. It might seem like a shaky line but reading those posts it is clear the line was unfortunately crossed.

So with that in mind I then have to consider if the ban of 3 days is appropriate. Bans can range from anything from a day to a week to a month or more up to and including permanent. In this case the 3 days might seem excessive to you, but considering the violation (personal abuse) and your recent history in TGC I am going to ask you to take the 3 days to consider how you have been contributing. In a very short space of time you have racked up quite a few moderator actions from a range of mods there. Generally such a rash of mod actions could mean either you are ill suited to the forum, or maybe you are still to familiarise yourself with the rules. I am going to go with the later here, and ask you to please read through the charter when the ban is up in a day or two as well as reading a few threads to get a grasp on what is expected of posters in TGC, otherwise if you are ill suited and if you continue to post in a manner that results in mods having to take action the ban lengths will increase until they are permanent.

Please let me know if you can accept this? If not which is your right you can request an Admin review - your call.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Hi Paddy

I am going to request this to be marked as resolved if you don't respond in the next few days.

Thanks
    Taltos

Advertisement