Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

disable slide to text / call a contact

Options
  • 27-01-2013 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭

Galaxy s3 mini running Jelly Bean 4.1.1

Can anyone advise how i disable / remove this feature whereby if i touch a contact and slide my finger right it calls them , or if i slide left it texts them?

ive done it a few times and its now accidently and its getting annoying.
    ive looked through the settings but cant find the option to enable/ disable this feature
    im nearly sure i turned this feature on at some stage while browsing through the menus, but for the life of me i cant get where it is

any help is REALLY appreciated
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

eirlink wrote: »
    Galaxy s3 mini running Jelly Bean 4.1.1

Can anyone advise how i disable / remove this feature whereby if i touch a contact and slide my finger right it calls them , or if i slide left it texts them?

ive done it a few times and its now accidently and its getting annoying.
    ive looked through the settings but cant find the option to enable/ disable this feature
    im nearly sure i turned this feature on at some stage while browsing through the menus, but for the life of me i cant get where it is

any help is REALLY appreciated
    thanks

But its so handy :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

i know...but i tend to accidently do it plus its bugging me to know the setting is !:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

Ok, i cant find a setting on my S3. I always thought it was a standard feature and not optional. Someone else may be able to help you though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Ok, i cant find a setting on my S3. I always thought it was a standard feature and not optional. Someone else may be able to help you though!

Second that. I think it's a standard feature that can't be toggled on/off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Daith

No I never found a solution so just use a call confirm app so I get "Do you really want to call X".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

tks, although im almost certain i enabled the feature when setting up the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Switch contact apps? (sure there's some on Play)
    Or get the GApps one, it doesn't have it, might need root.

Advertisement