Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joe Duffy car sales

• 22-05-2012 6:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭

Hi just wondering if anyone has had dealing with these guys, looking at a car and want to avoid hassle as i will be bringing it from the big smoke back to Galway thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jdmauto

I know the used car Manager John O'doherty he is first class and the company are very reputable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Got some BMW warranty work done there, seem like a very professional operation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

jdmauto wrote: »
    I know the used car Manager John O'doherty he is first class and the company are very reputable.
    And you are not connected in any way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Joe Duffy are one of the most reputable dealership groups in the country!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭veetwin

Been getting service work done there for the past few years. I'd be surprised if they knowingly sold anything less than top quality. As said they have a reputation to keep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if anyone has had dealing with these guys, looking at a car and want to avoid hassle as i will be bringing it from the big smoke back to Galway thanks.

If you are talking dealings in relation to BMW cars, I have never bought from them. When changing my car I always go in and look for a deal, but they have never done any better than all the other dublin dealers in the last 4 BMWs I have bought.

Even when buying parts they often are expensive until I point out another dealer quoted cheaper and then they match.

My service experience with them has been ok, at least any time BMW Goodwill was raised I got it, so can't complain on that front.

My 2 cents from my experience to date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Fly-by-night cowboys, could well be gone in the morning.

Oh yeah, and all BMW drivers are w@nkers. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

jdmauto wrote: »
    mickdw wrote: »
    And you are not connected in any way?

I know him too and he is first class.

I think its been the No.1 BMW dealership in Ireland for 10+ years now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Will the warranty be valid at any BMW dealership, or would the car have to go back to Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

I think its valid in any BMW garage in Europe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

bc dub wrote: »
    I think its valid in any BMW garage in Europe!
    There's no mention of that on Joe Duffy's website, I would have thought there would be if that was the case?

http://www.joeduffybmw.ie/contentv3/index.cfm?fuseaction=bmw.benefits

Advertisement