Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wimmen - have you ever used your looks to your advantage?

Options
  • 20-06-2009 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

This thread title was inspired by Trinity's post over on another thread (http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=60784115&postcount=23)

Well have you wimmin ever used your looks to get you out of a situation or to your advantage? We all know you do when at the bar...the girl with the tits on show always gets served first!....so any other examples?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I suppose sometimes it works out that way for me but it's never inherently intentional.. though I can be concious of it and I don't really do anything to stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Was in Coppers this week, and this absolute bomb (for 3am at Coppers) comes up to by friend and asks him for a cigarette.

He gives her the last one, she smiles in that "I'm pretty and I'm smiling - good boy" way, and then walked off.

I observed to my friend that "that girl has never bought a pack of smokes in her life"

Less than five minutes later, less than a metre from my friend (same table, facing away), she does the same thing to another lad.

Amazing how stupid most of us men are, isn't it?

Bloody smile and they can make most of the men in the room give them a smoke for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Keogg

Aah Boobs. Wimmins escape from being so ridiculous.

All you gotta do is jump up and down a little, and most problems go away. (particularly with the boyfriend:D)

I don't really use my boobs that much, they're not big enough to attract that much attention!
    It does work though, unless there's a chick working at the bar you're talking about!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

Women = Snakes with tits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭steo87

Keogg wrote: »
    I don't really use my boobs that much, they're not big enough to attract that much attention!

Pics or gtfo...ahem

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

I was about to say the same keoggs

my boobies are new but along with them came extra weight so alas i am not attractive enough to use my looks however i do use the promise of a roide to any desperate chap that happens along, a minge is a minge after all

still no smilies but trust me i'm kidding and i do buy my own drink/fags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yep. Women get judged on their looks all the time - may as well take advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Keogg

Dudess wrote: »
    Yep. Women get judged on their looks all the time - may as well take advantage.

Exactly. You're right there.
    In fact, the rest of these posters just proved that by saying pics of gtfo to me! Hehee...

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭CommieBaz

Regarding The_Minister's post, I wonder if it would've been the same story if a really good looking man came up to a woman and asked her for a cigarette? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

CommieBaz wrote: »
    Regarding The_Minister's post, I wonder if it would've been the same story if a really good looking man came up to a woman and asked her for a cigarette? ;)

Yeah it does and it's actually a nice and easy way to start a chat also.

He should've asked her for a kiss anyway in exchange for the smoke, lost opportunity...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Wait a Sec.

Men use womenz looks all the time.

The women with the big tits will be served by the barman first, not the the barmaid.

Used to do Barwork. The man with the bigger biceps I didn't notice for some strange reason!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

I'd say he was just stunned at having been asked by a beautiful women. They can addle the way the mind works!

K-9 wrote: »
    Wait a Sec.

Men use womenz looks all the time.

The women with the big tits will be served by the barman first, not the the barmaid.

Used to do Barwork. The man with the bigger biceps I didn't notice for some strange reason!

This is true. But I just think that women get away with it more. It's just the way the world works.

CommieBaz wrote: »
    This is true. But I just think that women get away with it more. It's just the way the world works.

Nothing to do with usually more bar staff are male?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Amazing how stupid most of us men are, isn't it?

Bloody smile and they can make most of the men in the room give them a poke for nothing.

Never a truer word spoken.:pac:

/ok so I fixed your post..:p

/right though aren't I?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,646 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

you gotta turn those kinda women right around on their pretty little heels, and theyre easy to spot. "Why? Why should I give you this fag?" "I well uh, erm..."

Naturally most of them will just **** off right then when ive done this (i must be a charmer) but the humoured ones will at least share a laugh or something worthy of a cigarette. Barter dammit. My smokes are given cheaply but I don't give them away free.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Last wk sat, i got into a cab and when i got home the cab driver didn't take money off me.
    Tonight, i was walking to Centra to use the atm and a cab driver offered me a free lift to my destination.
    First cab driver didn't ask for my num, the driver tonight did.
    I didn't use my looks, i didn't plan any of these incidents but my look definitely got me free cab rides!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

I was asked (last birthday) why I was smiling so much. When I replied "It's my birthday" I was given easter eggs on both occasions! :confused:
    BTW My birthday is st patricks day..and yes, both shop employees were male.

What dya do with dat??

• Registered Users Posts: 81,646 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I chanced a free beer on my 21st but that wasnt about pimping out my awesome sexual pulling powers.

I say awesome because when you see how sad they are, youll be in awe of how I ever made it this far.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

I can definately testify that the boobs at the bar works frequently for me, to be honest it seems like fair game, I've seen manys the fella chatting up the coat check girls in clubs, and seen them walk away with their coat put in for free. I don't really see it as a problem I mean its not causing anyone any real suffering is it? It's just a bit of harmless flirting, its not as if both parties involved don't know exactly whats going on. The bartenders understand its all part of the gig. In that kind of a social context I don't feel its an issue, but I think if a woman bats her eyelids and pouts her lips out of a speeding ticket or a parking fine that's a bit much, a fella certainly wouldn't get away with the same behaviour. I wouldn't consciously use my feminine wiles in that kind of a situation.

Although that has happened when I haven't consciously tried, I was walking up to my car in Cork city and a youngish traffic warden was in the process of writing me a ticket, he clocked me approaching the car and pulling my keys out and kind of just, very surreptitiously crumpled up the ticket he was about to put on the windscreeen. I told him I was only away from the car for 2 minutes (which I was), and he said, 'Alright fine, just don't let me catch you at it again!' I thanked him profusely and went on my merry way, feeling a bit bad but I didn't lose any sleep over it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I wouldn't do anything like that in a bar. Work, most definitely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I have :D... Im a dude to ,..... with women tho....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Last wk sat, i got into a cab and when i got home the cab driver didn't take money off me.
    Tonight, i was walking to Centra to use the atm and a cab driver offered me a free lift to my destination.
    First cab driver didn't ask for my num, the driver tonight did.
    I didn't use my looks, i didn't plan any of these incidents but my look definitely got me free cab rides!

I notice your post was at 3:40am - You clearly still had the beer goggles on while writing that self-indulgent post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Pop's Diner

bronte wrote: »
    I was asked (last birthday) why I was smiling so much. When I replied "It's my birthday" I was given easter eggs on both occasions! :confused:
    BTW My birthday is st patricks day..and yes, both shop employees were male.

What dya do with dat??

Well I wouldn't eat them that's for sure. They were prob 10 months past their sell-by-date.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

consultech wrote: »
    I notice your post was at 3:40am - You clearly still had the beer goggles on while writing that self-indulgent post.
    Hahahhaha... Nah, wasn't drinking much...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

lol at thread title

e.g.

Birds - have you ever used wings to your advantage?

or maybe

Drivers -have you ever used your car to your advantage?

It's one of those questipons that answer themselves...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

My aunt got into a spot of bother with the Gardai many years ago. I happened to be at her house when the Garda called to see her insurance. He informed her she had driven a car she was not insured to drive, and would have to go to court. At that stage, I came into the room to comfort her, The Garda's eyes lit up (so she says) and he asked me all kinds of questions about myself. I had a nice friendly chat with him, and 22 years later my aunt is still waiting for that court date!!!

Mackleton wrote: »
    In that kind of a social context I don't feel its an issue, but I think if a woman bats her eyelids and pouts her lips out of a speeding ticket or a parking fine that's a bit much, a fella certainly wouldn't get away with the same behaviour.

Tends to work the other way when I do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Overheal wrote: »
    you gotta turn those kinda women right around on their pretty little heels, and theyre easy to spot. "Why? Why should I give you this fag?" "I well uh, erm..."
    Or "I am arresting you under the section 2(b) of the vagrancy & begging Act 1962"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Yeah, of course. Why wouldn't I? Being so damn good looking can also work to my disadvantage though.

Advertisement