Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 09-09-2014 9:07am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭

We are now taking sign ups for Part 3 of this year's Cooking Club. There are only 10 places this time, the last recipe of the year being posted on Friday the 5th of December.

Some notes to bear in mind:

1a. If you sign up you'll be given a date that you must post a recipe on. The date will fall on a Friday. Please be prepared and have your recipe ready by this date. Please do not sign up if you are not serious about submitting a recipe.

1b. Chances are, you will receive a reminder PM before you are due to post your recipe. You must reply to this PM and confirm that you will still be taking part. Otherwise your slot may be given away.

1c. If you cannot take part on your allotted date for a foreseen reason, it is imperative that you contact the moderators in advance to let us know. A huge amount of work goes into the Cooking Club, and it is enormously frustrating when someone fails to post without good reason.

1d. If you fail to post a recipe without letting us know why, a 2-week ban may result. Of course we understand that sometimes things happen unexpectedly to prevent you from posting, so we will use our discretion here.

2. Pictures are NOT required. They're great if you can provide them but they're not essential. If you're providing pictures, please remember that they're limited to 5 per recipe.

3. The choice of recipe is entirely up to you. It can anything you like as long as you think others will enjoy it. Some recipes get an unexpectedly large response, others get very few replies. Please don't be disheartened if your recipe doesn't generate a huge response. Often, people are making it without posting about it. Lack of replies don't mean your recipe was a failure!

4a. We have a Random Recipe thread. If you don't sign up in time or if you have extra recipes you'd like to submit, we strongly encourage you to post them to the Random Recipes thread.

5. As usual, we will only accept sign-ups from posters who have a total postcount of more than 100 posts (or who can demonstrate a strong posting history in the Food & Drink forums under a previous closed account - PM the moderators for this). We will use our discretion with sign-ups where the poster has no history of posting here. We do this to minimise the number of people signing up and then forgetting about it or not wanting to take part a few months later.

5b. If you have failed to post a recipe in the past without giving us adequate notice, you will not be permitted to take part this year (or in the future).

6. Finally, if there's a particular time of year that you'd prefer to post, or a time that really doesn't suit you, please let us know with your sign-up post .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Hi I'd love to take part again thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Hi,

Nervous, but would love try it!

Loire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Count me in please!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I've never really posted in the food & drink forum but I would love to take part :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I'd love to have a go :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

I'll have a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭emaleth

~quivers in spaceboots~

I'll give it a go, even have a recipe in mind :D

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

G'wan so, count me in!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

Put me down as well

• Registered Users Posts: 22,749 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Makood wrote: »
    Put me down as well

Just as well this isn't the Animal & Pets forum. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

Just as well this isn't the Animal & Pets forum. :p

You owed me that 1!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89151281&postcount=1613

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Would love to take part, frequent poster in Food & Drink, long time lurker on cooking club.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Great - that's the 10 places filled :)

I'll get the schedule sorted early next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

If anyone pulls out I'd be happy to do a recipe

Muahahaha wrote: »
    If anyone pulls out I'd be happy to do a recipe

That's great to know, thanks.

Advertisement