Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Cooking Club Week 23: Walnut tart

Options
  • 13-06-2014 9:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭

Ok here goes for my first cooking club recipe! This is a recipe that I get asked either to bake or to share regularly. I don't have any photos as I can't use the oven in the temperatures we have here at the moment! :)

Ingredients
    Pastry:
    1 egg yolk
    120g butter
    150g flour
    50g icing sugar
    50g powdered almonds

Topping
    1 egg
    40g butter
    250g walnuts
    190g sugar
    50g powdered almonds
    1 soup spoon of flour

Pastry:
    Rub in the butter and flour. Mix in the sugar, almonds and add the egg yolk and 4 soup spoons of water till you have a ball of pastry. Wrap and put in the fridge for 15 minutes.

Walnuttartuncooked.jpg

Preheat the oven to 200°C.

Topping:
    Cream butter and sugar together. Add the egg, almonds and the spoon of flour. Mix well.

Grease a tart dish. Press the pastry into the dish, to the form of a lining. (The original recipe said to roll out the pastry but it is quite moist and no matter how much flour I used, it would always stick, I always find it easier just to press it in). Spread the topping over the pastry. Put the walnuts all over the top. I put the walnuts very close together as they spread out during the cooking.

Cook for 30 minutes. Cool completely before serving.

Enjoy :)

Walnuttartcooked1.jpg

Walnuttartcooked2.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

This is just the kind of thing I love - I'll definitely be making it, thanks Ivy :)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Ooh was looking for my next baking idea. This is perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Looks nice and easy to make.

It's now on The List.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Reeeeeeally want a slice of this & some coffee now! Photos look so tasty.

Advertisement