Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borland c++ fatal error

Options
  • 21-04-2013 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭

Hey guys I would really appreciate any help I can get with this issue.
    I have installed c++ on my laptop but when I try to compile my program I am getting the same error everytime. No idea what is wrong to be honest it was compiling fine a few weeks ago. 7.Computer is running 64bit windows Here is the error.

Fatal: Expected an option: echo

If you need any more info let me know what I need. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Why are you using Borland? What version? Is it some ancient one?

You have not offered much information about your problem.

Install Visual Studio 2012 and you might have more luck, it's more mainstream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I hope your not using one of the old "Turbo" IDEs? :eek:

You might think I'm crazy for asking but I was using one of them around 2003/2004 in UL. I wouldn't be completely shocked if it's still been used in some dark recesses of the university.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

That is what we are using for a module in school. I have tried to use code blocks but I am unfamiliar with it. I think we are using borland C++ bcc32 (not sure how old this is or if it is the version number)because it is simple and fast.
    Ideally I would like to stick to the one I have used already. I have an exam in May.

If I can get the code to compile in another program I would be equally happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

You won't be getting any help unless you can be more verbose about the symptoms. Post a screenshot? You did not say it was a compile error, a link error or a runtime error. Completely vague...

Get your lecturer to help you, this is a problem with your setup - not a problem with code maybe.

For alternate options: since you are a student you can just download visual studio for free: www.dreamspark.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

I hope your not using one of the old "Turbo" IDEs? :eek:

You might think I'm crazy for asking but I was using one of them around 2003/2004 in UL. I wouldn't be completely shocked if it's still been used in some dark recesses of the university.

I was using it in GMIT in 2002 and i think it was out of date then!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement