Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on schools in kilcolgan/oranmore/clarinbridge

Options
  • 15-04-2013 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hi,

I was hoping I could get some feed back from anyone who may be familiar with schools in the above areas. I am moving to Kilcolgan this summer and will be enrolling my 5 and 7 year old in one of the primary schools. I have always wanted to have them in a gaelscoil but the closest one to me is gaelscoil de hide in Oranmore. It looks like a wonderful school but it is over six miles from where we will be living. The national school in Clarinbridge would only be two miles away. I would also love for them to be able to bike to school as they get older so Clarinbridge national school is also an attractive option for us.

If anyone is familiar with either of these schools I would love to hear your opinions on them. Would it be worth the extra four miles to send them to the gaelscoil?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Ring the schools and see if any have space?
    Are they currently in a gaelscoil?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭GatsbyGal

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Ring the schools and see if any have space?
    Are they currently in a gaelscoil?

Hi. Thanks for your response. The gaelscoil does have space. I haven't checked with the other school yet as I was all set to send them to the gaelscoil.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Are they currently in a Gaelscoil?
    A lot of Gaelscoils will not accept transfers from english schools after senior infants.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭GatsbyGal

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Are they currently in a Gaelscoil?
    A lot of Gaelscoils will not accept transfers from english schools after senior infants.

Hi Moonbeam. They are in a gaeltacht school so have been exposed to a lot of Irish. I also speak it fluently so they hear me speak it quite a bit also.

In that case I personally would not send them to a english speaking school but only you know which school suits you best.
    i hope you get osme feedback on the individual schools.

• Advertisement
Advertisement