Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Road, this morning. Insane driving

Options
  • 03-07-2006 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭

While making my way to work this morning there were several near accidents on the naas rd (nass bound) . Firstly just after citywest there is a section where the outside lane(right hand side overtaking lane) merges with the center lane, this comes unexpectedly for the non usual naas rd. traveller as it is on a trun impossible to see until you reach it (no advance signage) then suddenly a load of traffic cones and keep left arrow. So the drivers in the know move into the center lane on approach to this and those who are new tend to stay on the outside. The problem is though that those who keep in the 'fast' lane think other people are moving out of the way for them to overtake and the upshot of it all is that when everyones reaches the merging point there is no room for the outside lane to move in which inevitably means that middle lane have to slow considerably to let these people in. Well this morning thanks to a maniac in a huige freight truck there was a series of narrowly avoided collisions. First the freight truck (english reg) stays in the oustside lane on approach to the merge and is unable to slow quick enough which meant a guy in a BMW 7 series had to swing out of center to the left lane to make room for him otherwise he was going to hit, the guy in the bmw couldn't believe there was a distint look of shock on his face, thankfully he kept his cool. So this truck is now in front me and is driving almost in the center of 2 lanes?? being beeped by eveyone, noone knows what this fella is at as he goes weaving in and out of traffic further ahead. At the lights a good bit further up I see this guy again unexpectedly indicates and moves from right to left to overtake traffic in the rgiht lane that he obviously deems is going to slow for him. Well the guy he cut in front of in the left lane had to jam his brakes and the traffic that came up behind him(including me) all had to jam their brakes....scary stuff, almost a pile up about as close as you can get.

These truck s on the nass rd are a constant problem as the majority of them insist on weaving in out and driving aroung 100kmp, if you ask me it's only a matter of time. There is also a serious lack tidiness on this road now with the occasionally dicarded traffic cone lying in the road, add to that the constant changes to the road due to the roadworks and the mental turn off that has been there for the last month when leaving naas dublin bound, there is a little inlet where cars wait to join motorway traffic coming from the M7 to N7 the inlet is at the end of a bend (albeit, a slight bend) so joing this traffic is extemely dangerous.

Sorry for the long post, but what thoughts have other peolpe on the naas rd. ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

I didn't read all the post sorry, to much detail, if youi ask me the whole section starting from Rathcoole to Inchicore is a Calcutta highway

My plans are:D

Remove the "new triangle slips for Newcastle after Rathcoole and merge into the Rathcoole flyover. and the rest of them such as Baldonnel all should merge to the existing interchanges which are plentiful, considering. Local traffic should not have to much access to the N7.

Wdein the Naas road from Kingswood to M50 with four lanes, or 3 lanes with a weaving lane due to near proximry between major junctions and M50. Scrap the money hooting QBC at the Naas road and reroute it onto the Monastery road.

Flyover at Newlands cross.

Flyover at the Luas inc flyover the Red cow which means not inflicting traffic on the Redcow, The Barney planner decided to put the luas on the redcow, fufen muppet and a low life money grabber.

Sort our Longmile junction instead of wasting extra tarmac and trying to desgin a fufen hilarious traffic signaled roundabout over the Luas.

A tunnel from Kylemore to filter traffic onto inchicore, Davitt rd, South circular and the N4 at hueston. This would seriously ease the Heavy unessessary traffic trying to get onto the N7 south and east of the city.

Free flowing Red cow............. Manned trip to Mars over and back will happen before this sadly it's Ireland for Christ sakes.

Sorry for the childlish behaviour, but something has to be said. The Naas road is derriorating in a unacceptable manner.

Advertisement