Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S3 problem

Options
  • 10-11-2013 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭

I downloaded the new updare for the S3, and ever since it's showing 3 "download complete" sthat I would have downloaded off an email ages ago. Everytime I clear them they come straight back.

I've tried restarting, battery out. I've cleared the download apps cache, force stopped it etc. And nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭touts

The new firmware is a pile of ****e and should never have been released. It's causing chaos for people who upgrade. Lots of reports on different forums. Personally I didn't have any problems with downloads but I understand you have to go into each browser (main browser, google chrome, and any you might have installed such as Opera) and check if there are any downloads in those. Then wipe them if there are.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

If was downloads from an email. I went into the downloads app again and cleared all of it, and they haven't shown since so hopefully it's sorted.

I have to agree re the firmware, my phone is gone very slow to turn on when it's locked, its a pita.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

If was downloads from an email. I went into the downloads app again and cleared all of it, and they haven't shown since so hopefully it's sorted.

I have to agree re the firmware, my phone is gone very slow to turn on when it's locked, its a pita.

Just came on here to ask a question about exactly the same thing, except I have about ten. I can clear them when I am not downloading but otherwise they keep coming back. Having a lot of random freezes and some of my apps are glitching too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Hold your finger down on one of the download messages and select "App info" when it comes up, then clear the data and it will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭tagoona

Lock screen is gone very unresponsive to home button. I'm getting wifi authentication errors when connecting

• Advertisement

tagoona wrote: »
    Lock screen is gone very unresponsive to home button. I'm getting wifi authentication errors when connecting

Noticing this too, almost like lag.
    And my music has gone really choppy now as well, also like there is a lag problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭touts

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Noticing this too, almost like lag.
    And my music has gone really choppy now as well, also like there is a lag problem.

Disable S-Voice, facebook and all the vodafone stuff. It'll help but not perfect. Google Play will still be choppy but the standard Music Player seems much better (only the odd chop). Also it gets choppy when the phone detects a wifi signal and tries to connect to it so best to switch off wifi if you are not using it.

If none of that helps try doing a factory reset and then disable the stuff again.

Samsung/Vodafone should NEVER have released this version. It's a disaster. Hopefully they will fix it but I'm not sure how long that will take.

tagoona wrote: »

Mine is the very same. I had to take out the battery twice it was taking so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭nicebutdim

Is this the 4.3 update please? I'm on Meteor so will probably be next year before I see it!

nicebutdim wrote: »
    Is this the 4.3 update please? I'm on Meteor so will probably be next year before I see it!

It is, so hopefully they will have fixed it by then.
    No going back now and I just watched and waited a whole hour for a Facebook message to come through on my phone that I already got on my PC.

• Advertisement

nicebutdim wrote: »

Im on meteor too but the phone is originally vodafone.

Hi All,

Here is what I've noticed since I made the terrible mistake of updating my s3 phone to 4.3

>Wake up lag is unbelieveably slow
    >Sms shown on lockscreen (where is the privacy in that)
    >Font over all seems changed (should have been left the way it was
    >Time on lockscreen sometimes not in sync with the time in top right hand corner of the phone
    >Laggy audio when screen is off
    >Laggy audio over bluetooth
    >Huge battery drain (charging up to twice a day now)
    >Share option in gallery not working
    >Phone rings and screen wont come on so cant answer

This was a brilliant phone before this horrendous update

Wish to god I hadn't updated it. Will be checking reviews in future for updates before I update my phone again

I thought the battery thing was just me. Just finished my second charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

Hi All,

Here is what I've noticed since I made the terrible mistake of updating my s3 phone to 4.3

>Wake up lag is unbelieveably slow
    >Sms shown on lockscreen (where is the privacy in that)
    >Font over all seems changed (should have been left the way it was
    >Time on lockscreen sometimes not in sync with the time in top right hand corner of the phone
    >Laggy audio when screen is off
    >Laggy audio over bluetooth
    >Huge battery drain (charging up to twice a day now)
    >Share option in gallery not working
    >Phone rings and screen wont come on so cant answer

This was a brilliant phone before this horrendous update

Wish to god I hadn't updated it. Will be checking reviews in future for updates before I update my phone again

This also what I am seeing. I did a factory reset. It seems to be a little better.

Can we go back to the old firmware?

I had my phone all day in my pocket and at 6 it was 45 percent :(

My messages used to come up on the lock screen for all to read so I changed it so they don't. Now it just says "New message" and you have to go in to the message inbox to see who it's from.

Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Seamus B

Any updates on the issue, very annoying, 3 weeks now and phone is no good.

My battery it literally gone to the dogs. Lasts about half the day even in my pocket :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

What are the top consumers when you go into the settings?

Samsung just say they are aware of the issue and apologise for inconvenience. I missed two calls from my midwife over this, and Ive reverted to using a cheaper, more reliable phone to make calls and send texts.

• Advertisement

What are the top consumers when you go into the settings?

The last three days my screen has been way above the rest 55-75 percent. For a phone that sits in my pocket most of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lukehandypants

Yup total crap.
    Can't charge the battery even if I plug it in over night and have it powered off.
    Thought the battery was dying so bought a new battery and a new charger made no difference at all.
    Shuts down randomly.
    I posted something about it on the Samsung Facebook page and of course no response.
    The phone is borderline useless now.

Yup total crap.
    Can't charge the battery even if I plug it in over night and have it powered off.
    Thought the battery was dying so bought a new battery and a new charger made no difference at all.
    Shuts down randomly.
    I posted something about it on the Samsung Facebook page and of course no response.
    The phone is borderline useless now.

83 percent already and I havent even used it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭sundodger5

Just got the new update. Haven't fully tested it yet but at least the thing unlocks in a timely manner now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lukehandypants

sundodger5 wrote: »
    Just got the new update. Haven't fully tested it yet but at least the thing unlocks in a timely manner now.
    What about the battery not charging thing any change?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭princess3901

Thought I was maybe the only 1 having issues. Can I delete the update? And go back to how the phone was originally. If so how can I do this. I agree this was a brilliant phone until the update. Its now horrendous. Seriously considering a cheap phone to keep me going.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭princess3901

Thought I was maybe the only 1 having issues. Can I delete the update? And go back to how the phone was originally. If so how can I do this. I agree this was a brilliant phone until the update. Its now horrendous. Seriously considering a cheap phone to keep me going.

Advertisement