Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

c programming

Options
  • 18-09-2014 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭

Starting C programming in college at the moment, any books or sites that yed recommend??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭moycullen14

The C Programming language Kernighan & Ritchie

Great book. First version published in 1978. Now that makes me feel very old indeed.

You should be able to find a pdf on-line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

RHJ wrote: »
    I have also started learning C programming for a plc course would you be able to recommend any books that are slightly more modern and cheaper. Would it be necessary to get a book that incorporates the new C 99 standards?

Copper I wish you best of luck in your studies and I hope everything goes well, just out of curiosity whereabouts are you studying?

Thanks, Very much! I'm a second year in UL studying electronics

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 1,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭satchmo

learncpp.com and cplusplus.com are the two best tutorials out there.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The C Programming language Kernighan & Ritchie

Great book. First version published in 1978. Now that makes me feel very old indeed.

You should be able to find a pdf on-line

If s/he is starting the concept of programming for the first time I would not recommend that book, a more elaborative one would be better. However with any experience that would be great.

Advertisement