Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ignorant Ryanair Staff !!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Good job you're not flying Ryanair then, they charge you for tissues.

Hilarious
    Oh...Who are the other major european ones??????

Do tell:)

Its not a question of can/can't land in fog. Its a question of how bad the visibility is. In layman's terms, each a/c and crew are certified to land in varying dgrees of poor visibility. The type of approach available at the aerodrome is also a factor.

Basically, an a/c landing in poor visibility requires a specific RVR reading (Runway Visual Range, a method of calculating the visibility) before they can make a successful approach. Ailines set their own minima as to what reading they require. If the RVRs are below the airlines minima then the a/c can't make an approach.

Its late and I'm tired, so I'm definitely not explaining this well. Read this for the basics on ILS systems.

Some aircraft can land with minima of 250m for example, others require more. For specific airlines, I can tell you that Aer Arann require a higher RVR reading than most flying into Dublin. Also, many of the charter airlines would be the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Il'l ask the question again..... who are the major European scheduled airlines flying B737-200 aircraft????

As Vinnie Browne might say... Answer the question:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 shame

Hello Leslie I was just reading through all these messages if it was me I would be more annoyed at some of the responses you have received, granted most people are understanding and sympathise with you because we all know what a**h***s Ryan Air can be.

Do not take some of these comments seriously or to heart because it will only get you down.

I stopped flying with them over a year ago because I had a run in with them, they would not accept my drivers licence as valid id even though they state you can use it.

You would be better off paying the little extra and sometimes there is no extra cost and fly with another airline, at least you will be guaranteed not to sit on rubber seats with your knees in your mouth (and I know not all their planes have rubber seats) but most of them to the UK have anyway.

There is no extra cost for a little manners and staff should always have a little understanding for customers (no matter what industry you are in) .

To hell with them.
    Sam

• Registered Users Posts: 9,253 ✭✭✭markpb

shame wrote:
    I stopped flying with them over a year ago because I had a run in with them, they would not accept my drivers licence as valid id even though they state you can use it.

That seems a little strange. Had it expired or something?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

who are the major European scheduled airlines flying B737-200 aircraft

Well, Ryanair aren't one of them anymore..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Must say I find these "I hate Ryanair" threads hilarious. The posters always seem to think it's Ryanair's fault that they're too stupid to read their tickets.

Il'l ask the question again..... who are the major European scheduled airlines flying B737-200 aircraft????

Thats the first time you asked the question.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

But despite the fact that some ryanair staff are marginally better looking than other airlines, they're just so surly and rude. Politeness and a professional attitude (ie one which values the customer's decision to purchase Ryanair's services) cost absolutely nil. They all seem so pissed off all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,898 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Ryanair treats them as badly as it does its customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭dowlingm

It's one thing to switch from FR to other airlines because of your treatment, but it's important that the airline you switch to, if you're happy with it, knows they have your business because of service rather than price. I am very unhappy for instance that first Aer Lingus and now British Airways are racing to the bottom when it comes to quality of service, especially for long haul (can anyone think of a common factor between those two airlines...)

Unfortunately it appears (especially to the airlines themselves) far more people are concerned with the bottom line than with whether good service is provided. That's why Ryanair have 100 aircraft and Aer Lingus have 30.

The previous poster is correct, Ryanair retired the last of the 732s last year (shafting the crews as they did it) and soon will be trading on the earliest 738s - this avoids costly maintenance overhauls down the line and leverages the incredible pricing Boeing was throwing around post 9/11 when Ryanair was placing huge orders and options. So at least the planes are new these days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Metrobest

I've seen the good and the bad in Ryanair staff. I've encountered the friendliest, loveliest staff who go out of their way to find a desired item in their food supplies, or comfort a sick passenger.

Some of the staff aren't exactly five star. But what do you expect when you're on a flight where half the passengers have paid 99c? Pay big bucks and fly a full-service airline if you want to be smiled at and have every whim catered for.

What does slightly make me feel uncomfortable about Ryanair is the recent trend towards cabin crew who are not native english speakers. I worry that in an emergency situation they might struggle to communicate important information to passengers, such as wearing the oxygen mask or the etiquette for inflating one's lifejacket. They get tongue tied just reading the safety announcements - imagine if it was a real emergency!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Metrobest wrote:
    What does slightly make me feel uncomfortable about Ryanair is the recent trend towards cabin crew who are not native english speakers. I worry that in an emergency situation they might struggle to communicate important information to passengers, such as wearing the oxygen mask or the etiquette for inflating one's lifejacket. They get tongue tied just reading the safety announcements - imagine if it was a real emergency!

While I've noticed the same thing, and take your point to some extent, wouldn't the same be true of flying with any continental European based airline, low-fare or otherwise? Not only that, huge numbers of passengers won't speak English too well either, so fluent instructions in English won't help too much either.

That's why at the end of the safety briefing we're all engouraged to read the info leaflet pinned to the back of the seats - it's all in pictures. And we all do check out the leaflet don't we?

On the rudeness thing, I find Ryanair cabin crew absolutely fine (based on about 10 flights this year)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Never any problem with Ryanair staff, either in-flight or on the ground. Once when we missed check-in, due to our own fault, by about 5 minutes, a staff member in Girona airport still tried to get us onto the plane. Unfortunately, it didn't work out, but I appreciated the effort.

Thats the first time you asked the question.

No sir..... I asked it before and you just gave a load of waffle about ILS landing systems.....

Check it out

Quote therecklessone

"Jesus, do people really have to trawl the depths for something to hammer Ryanair with?

They're not the only airline who have/did have aircraft or crew lacking the necessry certification to land in low visibility"

Who are the others?

Who are the others?

Considering it an historical question (Ryanair having the newest fleet in Europe) the answer is "All of them" :)

Since low vis landings have requirements of airline, aircraft, crew and airport, I'd imagine all airlines have occasions when they can't make CATIII approaches.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Leslie 1 wrote:
    she totalled ignored me at first and then said “ what do you expect for cheap flights” and turned to a guy sitting beside her and said quite loudly " Jesus they're all out today" they proceeded to laugh right into my face making sly comments to each other about me ensuring that I heard them.

Why didn't you demand to speak to her manager? I'm sure another passenger heard what she said and would back you up. Have you even made a complaint to Ryanair in writing or are you just venting on here, in which case, what is the point?

I've come to expect grumpy staff from Ryanair which is pretty understandable because they treat their staff like sh*t. My brother in law just quit working for them as an aircraft engineer because they treated the engineers so badly, the treat the pilots and crew like crap.

Vote with your feet and fly with Aer Lingus etc. AL flights are often around the same price as Ryanair now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Metrobest wrote:
    Some of the staff aren't exactly five star. But what do you expect when you're on a flight where half the passengers have paid 99c?

How the f*ck do the crew know who paid 99c each way and who paid €150?
    It's absolutely no excuse to be resentful of your customers. It's not like the crew get paid less because their flight has a lot of 99c passengers (and come on, there's only ever a small percentage of them on each flight!).

BendiBus wrote:
    Considering it an historical question (Ryanair having the newest fleet in Europe) the answer is "All of them" :)

Since low vis landings have requirements of airline, aircraft, crew and airport, I'd imagine all airlines have occasions when they can't make CATIII approaches.

So now we are gone from "low vis" landings to CATIII???

Don't recall any mention of CATIII meself

So now we are gone from "low vis" landings to CATIII???

Don't recall any mention of CATIII meself

What's your definition of low visibility? A similar answer will apply anyway.

• Advertisement

Its not my definition thats important..... therecklessone is the one who was bleating on about it.... ask him..or her

Over....come in reckless one

Testing... a one cheeew ..tareee;)

Its not my definition thats important.....

Thanks. I just needed you to confirm you haven't a clue what you're on about ;)

I know how much Dublin Writer dislikes this posting style, but I do believe its the only way I'll be able to clairfy this for you.
    They're not the only airline who have/did have aircraft or crew lacking the necessry certification to land in low visibility.
    Oh...Who are the other major european ones??????

Do tell:)
    Its not a question of can/can't land in fog. Its a question of how bad the visibility is. In layman's terms, each a/c and crew are certified to land in varying dgrees of poor visibility. The type of approach available at the aerodrome is also a factor.

<snip>

As Vinnie Browne might say... Answer the question:cool:

There. as I'd like to thing Vinnie Brown might say, it is in black and white. I'll say it in one word sentences so that its easier to understand.

You. Never. Mentioned. Boeing. 737-200s. In. Your. Original. Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I know how much Dublin Writer dislikes this posting style, but I do believe its the only way I'll be able to clairfy this for you.

RARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Behave.

BendiBus wrote:
    Thanks. I just needed you to confirm you haven't a clue what you're on about ;)

I know what I know....

Quote therecklessone

There. as I'd like to thing Vinnie Brown might say, it is in black and white. I'll say it in one word sentences so that its easier to understand.

You. Never. Mentioned. Boeing. 737-200s. In. Your. Original. Post.

I would have thought it was fairly obvious....obviously too big a jump for you

Sorry

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Leslie 1 wrote:
    I met the most obnoxious, ill mannered, common girl
    leslie1 wrote:
    they recruit rude, common unprofessional staff

Anyone who feels they are in a position to accuse someone of being common is obnoxious in my book.

Its no secret that Ryanair are absolute hateful people to deal with but by your description above I wouldn't like to deal with you either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

can't think of anything interresting to say but i would like to join in being rude to people I don't know, so "Wayne Rooney has big ears":)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

obnoxiousness seems to be a prerequisite for getting a ryanair interview.

Advertisement