Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Halfords 1 Million Candlepower LED Spotlight €8.00

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Reserved two there. Always great for keeping in the boot if the car or going camping!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,507 ✭✭✭✭Esel

antodeco wrote: »
    Always great for keeping in the boot of the car or going camping!
    Remember to never look it in the eye - unless you are wearing a welder's mask, because blinking won't make any difference for a good while after that. :eek: :)

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Couldn't help but think of Rhod Gilbert.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭bikerboy_ie

These were going for a fiver in Halfords about a year ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Just reserved one. Also have a Group Scheme 10% voucher which is alway handy when buying a Halfords.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Remember getting something similar a few years ago. Brilliant light but took about twelve hours to charge for twenty minutes work. Are these the same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Marhay70 wrote: »
    Remember getting something similar a few years ago. Brilliant light but took about twelve hours to charge for twenty minutes work. Are these the same?
    Sorry, I really need to read things properly, I see it takes batteries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Marhay70 wrote: »

This is LED, not Halogen like the ones a few years ago...

Bright LED white light
    40 hours of runtime from 4x D batteries
    8 hours of runtime from 4x AA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Build quality is terrible, at least mine is, on/off switch jamming as is the battery cover, has anyone else used theirs?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭flids.utd

Yeah I had to screw off the back housing and file the sides of the torch body just so the battery cartridge could slide in and out, functional now , just about!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

aw wrote: »
    Couldn't help but think of Rhod Gilbert.

:D

EXACTLY what I thought of when I saw the thread :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Roberto5

I got this last year in Halfords.
    I found it did not work on D batteries. I returned it. Halfords checked 3 or four others on display and none worked on D batteries. They said they would remove them from display as there was obviously an issue with them.
    I returned 3 days later and they were still on display.
    Something tells me that these still have this issue with D batteries.
    I would advise all you buyers to check this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

Got one and working fine. The button cycles through off d battery and aa battery. It comes with aa batteries.

Looks ok for the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,507 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Roberto5 wrote: »
    I got this last year in Halfords.
    I found it did not work on D batteries. I returned it. Halfords checked 3 or four others on display and none worked on D batteries. They said they would remove them from display as there was obviously an issue with them.
    I returned 3 days later and they were still on display.
    Something tells me that these still have this issue with D batteries.
    I would advise all you buyers to check this.
    The leaflet says not to use AA and D batteries at the same time. Could this have been the problem?

3W LED in these, not as bright/powerful as I expected. Still OK...

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

I have both in at the same time and no problem. you can switch between them with the on / off switch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Esel wrote: »
    3W LED in these, not as bright/powerful as I expected. Still OK...

Yeah, "spotlight" was right.

It illuminates one very small bright spot about twice the width of a tennis ball but very dim outside of that.
    It didn't exactly light up my back garden like an aircraft landing light as I was expecting with the "1,000,000" candle power !

Advertisement