Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilmore Quay

Options
  • 21-08-2010 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi All,

Complete noob to sea fishing. Did some coarse fishing as a kid so know some basics. I have a rod and a rig ;-). Anyway I want to start out and go mackerel fishing in Kilmore Quay and was wondering where abouts is the best place to cast from. Should I go to the pier and if so which side? Or is there a better area to go. My casting will need some practice so preferably if I can find a location where I don't need to get the line out too far.

Any advice much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭pad180

de8o wrote: »
    Hi All,

Complete noob to sea fishing. Did some coarse fishing as a kid so know some basics. I have a rod and a rig ;-). Anyway I want to start out and go mackerel fishing in Kilmore Quay and was wondering where abouts is the best place to cast from. Should I go to the pier and if so which side? Or is there a better area to go. My casting will need some practice so preferably if I can find a location where I don't need to get the line out too far.

Any advice much appreciated.

hi de80 my advice to you would be , wait for a good day with the weather now i know there far and few between were in ireland here . but pack the gear head down to south side of the pier and you should see plenty of lads out casting the rods now it can be fairly packed .or head around to the rocks that will be on the right .but ask any of the lads or gals as most of them will be very helpfull .plenty of beaches around to practice the casting aswell .. hope this helps a little .
    tight lines ;)

Advertisement