Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTML problem

• 21-11-2014 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

when i try to open my code as a web browser (google chrome) only the google chrome web search page appears not my website.
    any help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭whats newxt

try: localhost

I don't really understand? what exactly are you trying to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Daniel.otoole

what do mean by localhost ?

so you created some html and you want to view it in the browser am i correct? if so right click on the file and open with google chrome.

yeah exactly, but when i open it it just brings me to the google search web page

yeah exactly, but when i open it it just brings me to the google search web page

I don't know, i think it's user error to be honest!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Thread moved, not really suited to a regional forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

chrome://settings/ in the URL bar, then check On Startup > Open a specific page or set of pages. Set pages and then choose the page(s) you want on startup.

Thanks but I figured it out already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Thanks but I figured it out already
    To help others in the future - what was the problem?

well basically i open the html file in notepad+, then i click "Run" at the top of the page in toolbar then i opened it in google chrome.

• Advertisement
Advertisement