Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish for primary teaching in 1 year

Options
  • 10-11-2014 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I would love to become a primary teacher but need to achieve an honours Irish in LC. Where is the best place to do this course around Waterford or East Cork? (Or Even further afield) Is it doable in one year? I know I'm starting late but I did the pass paper last year so it's not completely new to me.
    What advice would people give?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Contact Comhlacht Forbartha na nDéise who are based in the Waterford Gaeltacht.

They are designated as an Ionad Seirbhísí Teanga for Údarás na Gaeltachta. If they don't provide classes, they'll tell you where you can attend classes. 1 year isn't much time, but if you really knuckle down, it's doable, especially if you only did the Pass paper within the last year. It should still be relatively fresh in your mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Molojan

It wouldn't let me reply to you directly for some reason

Thanks. I'll definatlycontact them and see what they hvae to say. Out of intrest, if I manage to get the C3 do you think I'd struggle with the Irish aspect of the primary teaching course (hopefully in Mary I)?
    Another question I have is regarding the optional part of the exam - I know you have the choice of doing the first few chapters of a novel or 5 extra poems. Having done pass both of these are completely new, which would you think is the most doable ?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Renno123

Cork college of commerce has an option of doing the honours irish L.C by night. its once a week for about 3 hours. everyone on the course is going for primary teaching too :)
    depending on your current level of irish, it is do able in one year. I did mine over 2 years.. just missing out on the honours narrowly the first time round.

Advertisement