Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SanDisk 128GB SSD - £62.99/aprox €72.77 on Amazon

Options
  • 07-02-2013 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

Finally, another SSD has dropped prices significantly.

It's on Amazon Here for £62.99/€72.77 if delivering to UK/NI or Parcel Motel.

If delivering to Ireland directly, its still free postage but with VAT at check-out thats £64.56/ approx €74.57

rejuvenate_en_v2.gif

SanDisk also list the full specs Here including an installation guide and video if anyone needs :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

It is showing GBP 64.13 / EUR 78,19 on checkout when ordered to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

zom wrote: »
    It is showing GBP 64.13 / EUR 78,19 on checkout when ordered to Ireland.
    There is an option to use Amazon's currency exchange rates, or the one the bank will give you when the money goes through. Anecdotally, I've heard that using the bank's rates is cheaper, but this is nothing more than what I've read online.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Gumbi wrote: »
    There is an option to use Amazon's currency exchange rates, or the one the bank will give you when the money goes through. Anecdotally, I've heard that using the bank's rates is cheaper, but this is nothing more than what I've read online.

My bank tends to work out costing more , they seem to add on a fee for changing the currency? (BOI). :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Xzen

draffodx wrote: »
    My bank tends to work out costing more , they seem to add on a fee for changing the currency? (BOI). :mad:

Yep, same with all banks these days, its down to the way the debit card providers, Mastercard and Visa charge per transaction.

Out of morbid curiosity I found the following debit card charges if anyone's interested :)

- AIBs Laser, Mastercard and Visa Debit card charges:

* Laser is 1.75% + 0.10% for spending on non €s.
    * Visa is just 1.75%

- Bank of Irelands Debit card charges:

* Visa/Maestro and Visa Debit are 1.75%

- PTSBs Debit card charges:

* Visa Debit cards (they don't have maestro anymore) 1.75%.

I haven't checked other banks but 1.75% seems to be the gold number.

Usually, but not always, I find these charges are a tad less than Amazon's converter, always good to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭prq

This is not a deal. Amazon were selling this drive for 49.98 back in October.

http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/SanDisk-128GB-Solid-State-Drive/product/B007ZW2LY4

• Advertisement
Advertisement