Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to uninstall cyanogen mod from GS3?

Options
  • 09-04-2013 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi, I bought a galaxy s3 and it came with cyanogen mod already installed. I'm having some battery issues (only lasting 4 or 5 hours) and I'm blaming the cyanogen mod as i've already bought a new battery with the same problem. I've also taken wakelocks into account but I can't seem to find one. I want to uninstall cyanogen mod but I haven't a clue, can anyone help me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

to replace it with what?

head to xda-devs, check out the s3 roms for one you like.

download and put on sdcard.

reboot to recovery on s3.

wipe data

install zip from sdcard and pick the rom you downloaded.

that's the basics, please do read up on flashing a new rom before you start

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

OP if your phone is running cyanogen I presume it's rooted etc. If it is there's an app on the play store called battery recalibration for phones that have had new rooms flashed. I found using it made a great difference to my battery. Also get an ad block app off xda as play don't have them anymore. There are some decent apps for saving battery too. Worth looking into them as well. Those measures,without reflashing,have taken my battery from 8 hours to 2.5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

liamorocks wrote: »
    Hi, I bought a galaxy s3 and it came with cyanogen mod already installed. I'm having some battery issues (only lasting 4 or 5 hours) and I'm blaming the cyanogen mod as i've already bought a new battery with the same problem. I've also taken wakelocks into account but I can't seem to find one. I want to uninstall cyanogen mod but I haven't a clue, can anyone help me?

are you playing music/browsing the net/playing games?

s3 with cyanogenmod is what i'm using and have had 0 issues with battery length.

Do you want to flash back to stock?

remember that when flashing you'll wipe your data so back up with titanium or carbon first!

Advertisement