Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung BD-E6100 Netflix Problem

Options
  • 27-01-2013 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I just bought new new Samsung blu-ray DVD player BD-E6100 but its not connecting to netflix :confused:

It connected to the internet fine and I can watch RTE Player, YouTube etc.. but Netflix will not connect.

I just get a message Unable to Connect to Netflix. Its only happening when I connect through my eircom motorolla router when I connect through my 3 data modem it works fine.

But my LG smart player plays netflix no problem through my eircom motorolla router.

So I have not sure if its the player or the router that causing the problem or some conflict between the two.

Things I have tried
    Turning on/off samsung device
    I have reset the Smart Hub.
    Turned off firewall on Router and restarted
    I have tried the reset instructions on the netflex i.e. Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up

But no luck,

If anyone can help that would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

555CAT wrote: »
    I just bought new new Samsung blu-ray DVD player BD-E6100 but its not connecting to netflix :confused:

It connected to the internet fine and I can watch RTE Player, YouTube etc.. but Netflix will not connect.

I just get a message Unable to Connect to Netflix. Its only happening when I connect through my eircom motorolla router when I connect through my 3 data modem it works fine.

But my LG smart player plays netflix no problem through my eircom motorolla router.

So I have not sure if its the player or the router that causing the problem or some conflict between the two.

Things I have tried
    Turning on/off samsung device
    I have reset the Smart Hub.
    Turned off firewall on Router and restarted
    I have tried the reset instructions on the netflex i.e. Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up

But no luck,

If anyone can help that would be great

Hi,

I'm having the same issue here. Did you manage to find a solution for this with Netflix? Everything else is working fine on the machine.

Thanks,
    F.

Hi,

I'm having the same issue here. Did you manage to find a solution for this with Netflix? Everything else is working fine on the machine.

Thanks,
    F.

Update: The issue is still occurring for Netflix on this device. RTÉ Player, YouTube, etc. all work OK.

We're using Eircom broadband. Although Netflix can be loaded successfully from other devices (iPad, iPhone, Win7 laptop and from Win8 app).

Thanks again for any assistance.
    F.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Mate has one and Netflix works fine with UPC BB, maybe its an Eircom problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 555CAT

Fingleberries,& Technocentral
    No I did not get it to work, it works fine through 3 mobile broadband but not through eircom router.

Fingleberries, Did you find a solution?

I am going to email eircom today, I'll let you know how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

Hi,
    My brother purchased a BD-E6100 at the weekend, to get Netflix on (I have an earlier 2D model which works great).
    He can play RTE iPlayer, YouTube, etc but cannot connect to Netflix.
    I have seen (on US Forums), that changing or resetting the timezone can help solve the problem.
    Will get him to try that solution later today and hopefully it works.:)

BTH - I have a Samsung BD 5700 and use Eircom Broadband and have no difficulties. So its unlikely to be an Eircom issue (though it could be a Ssmsung/Netflix - streaming security issue).

Please post back if the Changing Time Zone works or any other solution

• Advertisement

Bravobabe wrote: »
    Hi,
    My brother purchased a BD-E6100 at the weekend, to get Netflix on (I have an earlier 2D model which works great).
    He can play RTE iPlayer, YouTube, etc but cannot connect to Netflix.
    I have seen (on US Forums), that changing or resetting the timezone can help solve the problem.
    Will get him to try that solution later today and hopefully it works.:)

BTH - I have a Samsung BD 5700 and use Eircom Broadband and have no difficulties. So its unlikely to be an Eircom issue (though it could be a Ssmsung/Netflix - streaming security issue).

Please post back if the Changing Time Zone works or any other solution

I can get it to work(i.e. netflix on the smart player) using my 3 data modem just not my eircom router. I will try changing timezone and see if that works, let me know if your bother gets its sorted It would be good to get it working.

I also tried turning off eircom router firewall but no look.

Hi,

My brother checked the timezone and it was at GMT 0 (correct one).
    He did try changing it, but no sussess in getting Netflix to work.

He is getting an "App" on a USB which is suppose to fix the problem.
    (This apparently is coming vis a TV/Sat installer who knows a Samsung Tech)
    Will let you know if this works and will try and get a copy.

Anyone else have any success?

Hey Bravobabe,
    Taked to eircom they have no idea why it won't work through their modem and will work through 3 especially when all the other apps work. So basically can't help

Let me know how you get on

Hi,

1). Called to the brothers gaff at weekend & brought two Powerlink adapters - (so that I could get it connect it via powerlines - wired rather than wireless)
    While the powerlinks worked fine - still could not get Netflix.
    2). Brought the Bluray home to my house in the sticks. Set it up and worked fine - Netflix, RTE Player etc.:)
    (My broadband is also with Eircom)

So whats the problem?
    1) Eircom Broadband speed/Network - could be an issue. My brother will contact Eircom today. (I'm clocking about 6.3mbs at home, his was 1.73mbs), but his RTE iPlayer was working fine??????????
    But I watched Netflix on my "HTC One" and a laptop in his kitched, at the exact spot where the TV/bluray is located - So that rules that cause out as a main contender!:confused:
    2) I seen this somwhere on the Samsung Forum. WPA/WEP - Blurays don't like the 26 character password. Mine is less than 10 characters & Brother's was the full 26 original. So I will to change his to something similar - 10 characters and see will that help. Its worth a go:D

Anybody else have any updates or solutions

Hi,

1). Called to the brothers gaff at weekend & brought two Powerlink adapters - (so that I could get it connect it via powerlines - wired rather than wireless)
    2). Brought the Bluray home to my house in the sticks. Set it up and worked fine - Netflix, RTE Player etc.:)

So whats the problem?
    1) Eircom Broadband speed/Network - could be an issue. My brother will contact Eircom today. (I'm clocking about 6.3mbs at home, his was 1.73mbs), but his RTE iPlayer was working fine??????????
    But I watched Netflix on my "HTC One" and a laptop in his kitched, at the exact spot where the TV/bluray is located - So that rules that cause out as a main contender!:confused:
    2) I seen this somwhere on the Samsung Forum. WPA/WEP - Blurays don't like the 26 character password. Mine is less than 10 characters & Brother's was the full 26 original. So I will to change his to something similar - 10 characters and see will that help. Its worth a go:D

The only other thing I can think of is the models, settings & firmware versions on your eircom routers.

Our WPA/WEP is less than 10 characters so not that.

BTW speed would be around 1.8, but LG blu-ray player works fine with netflix on same network, so don't think its that.

• Advertisement

Hi,

So whats the problem?

Unfortunately not ... I tried the shorter password (for WiFi) and the issue was the same. Tried with a wired connection, same issue.

It seems to work if I bring it elsewhere and use UPC broadband. Must be something specific on the eircom router, but I can't pinpoint it.

I see someone got in touch with Eircom, for all the good it did them (http://community.eircom.net/t5/Broadband/Samsung-BD-E6100-Netflix-Problem/td-p/27618).

I'll have to try a few more settings on the router - it's strange because Netflix works on all other devices in the house and all other apps work as expected on the BD-player.

Advertisement