Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dual monitor setup

• 28-08-2008 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

Just added a 20" widescreen to my 22" widescreen. Now what i want to be able to do is be able to run a game full screen on the primary monitor, and use the second monitor for browsing, msn, irc, changing music etc etc. Does anyone know a way i coudl do this with out alt tabbing of the game to move the mouse over ? I thought i seen someone use a keyboard command before. Something liek shift+break. Cant seem to find anything in google.

Any help much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

use the extended desktop option.

i use that for watching movies at work, never tried a game though, may work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Nah it dosen't im afraid :/ but thanks for the quick reply :)

Anyone any clues on how to get around this? I've checked on th nvidia forums and even asked there but no reply !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,053 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

This works for Steam games: go to the game shortcut and add the extensions -window -noborder

eg Shortcut Path: "C:\Steam\CSS\HL2.exe" -window -noborder

Cheers for that, ill give it a whirl when im at home :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,053 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

If you ARE using a steam game right click it inside the game window>properties>launch options and add the same thing. but it does work either way afaik.

Advertisement