Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone 4G

Options
  • 23-07-2015 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

I live in a rural location and (god help me) I think vodafone 4G may be the best option for decent bb.

Does anyone know if the R216 device can be connected to a router? Or is it wifi connect only? And can I connect to a VPN using it

Am I stuck with the R216 or is there anything else I could use with a 4G sim?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

look like you cant as its a wifi hotspot but you should be able to connect a few wifi enabled devices to it.
    If you want to be able to connect vodafone 4g to a wired network you'd have to buy some thing like a sim-free Huawei b593s-22
    That also has the added advantage of being able to connect external antennas which can be very useful if signal strength/quality is poor

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭padraig.od

Awesome thread, it has given me some hope. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

Netgear AC762 or Huawei E5372 are 4g compatible hotspots that have connections for external antenna also & you may find them cheaper than the B593. The B593 however has ethernet ports & I found it has better wifi coverage than the other 2 mentioned

Advertisement