Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

book sales data

Options
  • 30-11-2014 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

hi does anyone know a website that show the amount of books that are being sold. like im interested in the number of books sold in the sports category. brian o drisscoll, roy keane, anthony daly and paul galvin all have books out, it wud be nice to see the number of sales they each have.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 HenryCrun

Sales data are available through Nielsen BookScan, a commercial service for bookshops with data for various countries, including Ireland (BOSS Ireland). I do not know if you can take out a personal subscription, but it is probably a bit expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

The list of best selling books with number of copies sold that week are in the Irish Times supplement on a Saturday. I don't know how they are calculated but they should answer your question.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

echo beach wrote: »
    The list of best selling books with number of copies sold that week are in the Irish Times supplement on a Saturday. I don't know how they are calculated but they should answer your question.

I think the Sunday Times culture magazine last weekend also listed the top 5 books in terms of sales across a number of categories, including sports books. These may related to sales numbers in the UK however. If it this would be of some use and you can't track down a copy, I can post the titles/numbers later on once I'm home.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

penguin88 wrote: »
    I think the Sunday Times culture magazine last weekend also listed the top 5 books in terms of sales across a number of categories, including sports books. These may related to sales numbers in the UK however. If it this would be of some use and you can't track down a copy, I can post the titles/numbers later on once I'm home.

Turns out the sports books are going to be in this Sunday's paper. Will try post them once I get the paper.

Advertisement