Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gold star service award to UTV IP

Options
  • 06-12-2003 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

According to me anyway.

At home we use just about 30 hours of internet every month so the UTV XL lite package suits us very well.

However Christmas is coming up and I can see myself and the kids taking advantage of the holidays to spend a few extra hours on line. We will almost certainly exceed the cap and then things start to get expensive, even 10 hours extra of daytime use would triple our monthly bill. So I wrote off to UTV and asked if I could upgrade to the full XL 180 hour package for December and January only. To be honest I wasn't very hopeful because UTV's terms and conditions make a big deal about a 6 month minimum contract and in any case we are already 1 week into December.

Well, a very pleasant lady from UTV replied and said yes upgrading for two months was no problem and I could downgrade in February again at no extra charge.

Good customer service and and not a bad businesss move either -who knows I may get so attached to the internet that we will stick with the upgrade.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

If only their tech support was as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Mad Mike,
    Probably best to get it in writing as well. Or at least ring up again and see if you get the same response from another agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mad Mike

Originally posted by fatherdougalmag
    Mad Mike,
    Probably best to get it in writing as well. Or at least ring up again and see if you get the same response from another agent.

Sorry Dougal I may have misled you. The whole process was conducted in writing (by email) and is now a done deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Originally posted by Mad Mike
    Sorry Dougal I may have misled you. The whole process was conducted in writing (by email) and is now a done deal.

Just one comment, and I don't want to throw a spanner in the works, but I was under the impression that emails were not legally binding?

I'm impressed that UTVIP agreed to your request, but I would feel a little safer if it was on good ole' fashioned bleached wood pulp myself.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mad Mike

Happy to report that UTV have just put me back down to UTV Lite as requested after a 2 month sojourn on UTV XL.

It was nice to have the extra hours over Christmas and it is lovely not to have to watch the clock when on line. We were almost tempted to stick with the €25 per month package but the truth is we wouldn't get value out of it when everyone is back at work / school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I haven't had amny problems with UTV myself yet, so I'm here to give UTV a compliment. The guy who I dealt with on the other line was brilliant, and really honest as well. It's just a shame I am so bad with names that I can't remember his, or if he told me... :S

On a side-note, seems a lot of people want to get away from eircom, as he said their services were too popular, and he mentioned about training more staff and upgrading the equipment, or at least that's my undertsanding of it. There were a lot of names on the list for broadband upgrades, but at the moment mine isn't on it, but I'm calling back Friday for an update.

Advertisement