Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cancelled games and Double gameweeks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

FHFC wrote: »
    To me this DGW is turning out to be a bit of a wash out. Two teams with unattractive defences, rotation likely in most Spurs attackers, Austin the only feasible QPR attacker and he's not exactly a long term prospect so a one week punt when he hasn't the easiest of fixtures while the like of Aguero, Sturridge etc. have great fixtures.

I'm looking likely to only have one DGW player in Kane.

I can see myself holding onto Austin for awhile. Palace A, Everton H, WBA A isn't terrifying and he's guaranteed a GW33 match. You lads with Studge have already made your bed but he's way too expensive for a not nailed player. Sterling would be my favoured Liverpool attacker (still kicking myself over the Sterling and Giroud to Sanchez and Defoe -4 a few GWs ago).

Whether I go beyond two DGWers is very much in the air. Eriksen could explode for a 20 pointer or a 3 pointer; I feel it's going to be another decisive moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,765 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I can see myself holding onto Austin for awhile. Palace A, Everton H, WBA A isn't terrifying and he's guaranteed a GW33 match. You lads with Studge have already made your bed but he's way too expensive for a not nailed player. Sterling would be my favoured Liverpool attacker (still kicking myself over the Sterling and Giroud to Sanchez and Defoe -4 a few GWs ago).

Whether I go beyond two DGWers is very much in the air. Eriksen could explode for a 20 pointer or a 3 pointer; I feel it's going to be another decisive moment.

QPR are not guaranteed a GW33 match as I understand it?

I feel the same about Eriksen. Looking at his season, he seems to score in bursts, so yeah it could be a 20+ or a 3 pointer. He played 90 minutes in all 4 games over Christmas if that says something about Spurs' rotation in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    QPR are not guaranteed a GW33 match as I understand it?

I feel the same about Eriksen. Looking at his season, he seems to score in bursts, so yeah it could be a 20+ or a 3 pointer. He played 90 minutes in all 4 games over Christmas if that says something about Spurs' rotation in the league.
    Ye you are right qpr are due to play villa gw 33. So if villa win their cup qf the game will be cancelled.
    Sometimes I think I overanalyse all this blanks and Dgw stuff. My careful planning leading up to them rarely ever pays off for me.

Ah yeah my bad about the GW33, had it in my head Villa lost last round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

When he is fully match fit he is completely nailed surely!!

And he will demonstrate his match fitness with the hat trick on Wednesday night... :)

• Advertisement

When he is fully match fit he is completely nailed surely!!

And he will demonstrate his match fitness with the hat trick on Wednesday night... :)

It will definitely help being out of Europa but Sterling up front has been quite effective so Rodgers might not start Studge every PL match.

I'm for sure nervous about that match, Liverpool could bang in three or more (at least I have Studge in my draft game and he won't be captained because of the DGW)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

It will definitely help being out of Europa but Sterling up front has been quite effective so Rodgers might not start Studge every PL match.

I'm for sure nervous about that match, Liverpool could bang in three or more (at least I have Studge in my draft game and he won't be captained because of the DGW)

Not a hope will Rodgers leave Studge out when he's fully fit. Sterling's finishing is still fairly poor.

I would expect Sturridge to start every PL game when Liverpool have one game a week going forward.

I know its probably here somewhere but what teams are guaranteed to have a game in GW33?

Want to bear it in mind for future transfers.

After the fa cup draw tonight the gw 33 permutations are the following 5 games will be called off if the remaining teams win through in the quarter final.
    Arsenal Sunderland
    Villa qpr
    Chelsea utd
    Palace wba
    Hull liverpool
    The most games we will have cancelled is 3 and the least is 2 if liverpool were to lose.
    GW 34 or 37 is when these games would be rescheduled for a double.
    As things stand the 10 clubs not mentioned above will defintely have a game in gw 33 which may come in useful if you are making a move for a cheap def or midfielder with gw 27 in mind.
    You know you are addicted to fpl when you know this type of nonsense.
    This has the info you need Lemlin. Fa cup is this weekend so we will know the blanks before the next gw.

This has the info you need Lemlin. Fa cup is this weekend so we will know the blanks before the next gw.

To expand on that, cause I'd been wondering the same thing with next few transfers in mind....

'Safe' GW33 fixtures so far are....

Everton V Burnley
    Leicester V Swansea
    Stoke V S'oton
    Man City V WHU
    Newcastle V Spurs

• Advertisement

To expand on that, cause I'd been wondering the same thing with next few transfers in mind....

'Safe' GW33 fixtures so far are....

Everton V Burnley
    Leicester V Swansea
    Stoke V S'oton
    Man City V WHU
    Newcastle V Spurs

Chelsea United will be the big one to watch. Liverpool Hull is definitely going to be off. Blackburn will be sending out the reserves this weekend again and their good run has to come to an end at Anfield.

That's villa qpr off in gw 33. Good news for foster owners as he will now have a game. Palace v wba will go ahead brings us up to 6 definite games.

Could be a very interesting GW34 since Aguero+Kane have SGW and Austin, Costa, potentially Studge+Giroud have DGW

Could be a very interesting GW34 since Aguero+Kane have SGW and Austin, Costa, potentially Studge+Giroud have DGW

And Benteke! For those in need of a punt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

And Benteke! For those in need of a punt.

hi :D

This would really put the cat amongst the pigeons.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2985514/Brendan-Rodgers-Liverpool-FA-Cup-replay-delayed-month.html

I think Busts head might just explode!! :D

This would really put the cat amongst the pigeons.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2985514/Brendan-Rodgers-Liverpool-FA-Cup-replay-delayed-month.html

I think Busts head might just explode!! :D

The sad thing is I knew that was the only possible date. I really need to get a life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'll openly admit to being too lazy, but can someone knock up a quick post with the teams involved in potential DGW's and what gameweek said DGW's will be? Thanks.

Paully D wrote: »
    I'll openly admit to being too lazy, but can someone knock up a quick post with the teams involved in potential DGW's and what gameweek said DGW's will be? Thanks.

You just need to read back about 10 posts

Probably best left till after tomorrow night.

@ Busts....lol

• Advertisement

Safe teams for GW33:

Everton V Burnley
    Leicester V Swansea
    Stoke V S'oton
    Man City V WHU
    Newcastle V Spurs
    WBA vs QPR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Handy post on FFS on how the FA Cup could effect GW33 and future DGWs.

Basically:

GW33
    Villa & QPR have a blank - date for the fixture is hard to tell at this stage
    Liverpool blank if they beat Blackburn in early April
    Hull blank if Liverpool beat Blackburn
    United & Chelsea blank if United win tonight - likely to be rearranged for GW37
    Arsenal & Sunderland blank if Arsenal win - likely to be played in GW34

I still have my WC so hard to tell what works out best. Two Chelsea DGWs wouldn't really help much as everyone will have 3 Chelsea most likely and a United or Arsenal DGW involving playing Chelsea isn't that appealing. I guess the best outcome would probably be Liverpool through and that match and the Villa v QPR match all get put into the same GW not that they are particularly appealing side but not too much harm to be done if it ends up being GW37.

jimmii wrote: »
    Handy post on FFS on how the FA Cup could effect GW33 and future DGWs.

Basically:

GW33
    Villa & QPR have a blank - date for the fixture is hard to tell at this stage
    Liverpool blank if they beat Blackburn in early April
    Hull blank if Liverpool beat Blackburn
    United & Chelsea blank if United win tonight - likely to be rearranged for GW37
    Arsenal & Sunderland blank if Arsenal win - likely to be played in GW34

I still have my WC so hard to tell what works out best. Two Chelsea DGWs wouldn't really help much as everyone will have 3 Chelsea most likely and a United or Arsenal DGW involving playing Chelsea isn't that appealing. I guess the best outcome would probably be Liverpool through and that match and the Villa v QPR match all get put into the same GW not that they are particularly appealing side but not too much harm to be done if it ends up being GW37.

I'd expect a double in GW37 to be useless re Chelsea because they'll have the title won by then the way things are going.

The only thing that would be guaranteed then would be huge rotation. Other teams may also be rotating by then of safe/CL decided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'd expect a double in GW37 to be useless re Chelsea because they'll have the title won by then the way things are going.

The only thing that would be guaranteed then would be huge rotation. Other teams may also be rotating by then of safe/CL decided.

Yeh hadn't considered that. Even more so if they are still in the CL at that point might see a whole different 11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Lemlin wrote:
    Safe teams for GW33:

Lemlin wrote:
    Everton V Burnley Leicester V Swansea Stoke V S'oton Man City V WHU Newcastle V Spurs WBA vs QPR

You can add Chelsea-Utd to that list.
    Arsenal-Sunderland postponed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

spock. wrote: »
    You can add Chelsea-Utd to that list.
    Arsenal-Sunderland postponed.

time to load up on Chelsea soon so
    Sanchez will prob have to make way to free up funds for Ivan and Costa possibly

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Could Arsenal v Sunderland be re-scheduled to GW34.

Arsenal play Chelsea on 26th and then Chelsea play Leicester on 29th.
    Arsenal could also play Sunderland on the 29th.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Could Arsenal v Sunderland be re-scheduled to GW34.

Arsenal play Chelsea on 26th and then Chelsea play Leicester on 29th.
    Arsenal could also play Sunderland on the 29th.

It will be either gw 34 or gw 37

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Lemlin wrote: »

This makes the Arsenal win tonight very precious. Arsenal should still be fighting for a top 4 spot by GW34 (and may still be by GW37) which would make their DGW tastier ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Debuchy scheduled to be back Apr 18th which is the blank GW anyway.

Perfect timing to ditch Bellerin.

Advertisement