Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled games and Double gameweeks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭sheroman01

It's looking like I'll have 9 players playing next week. However, that includes Alderweireld and PVA who might not play.

What are people's thoughts, are ye taking hits to play a full 11, or are ye risking playing a 9/10 man team?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

sheroman01 wrote: »
    It's looking like I'll have 9 players playing next week. However, that includes Alderweireld and PVA who might not play.

What are people's thoughts, are ye taking hits to play a full 11, or are ye risking playing a 9/10 man team?

Depends on the players coming in and whether or not you will use a transfer shortly afterwards taking them out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I'm leaning more towards the Terry out for Spurs defender now that Matic will miss West Ham and Southampton. I'd also prefer Ivan as my Chelsea defender for their DGW(s)

I'm leaning more towards the Terry out for Spurs defender now that Matic will miss West Ham and Southampton. I'd also prefer Ivan as my Chelsea defender for their DGW(s)

Might do a -8:

Defoe, Pelle, Terry, and Punch out for Austin, Kane, Walker/Vert, and Eriksen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Might do a -8:

Defoe, Pelle, Terry, and Punch out for Austin, Kane, Walker/Vert, and Eriksen

Why are you getting Spurs players if they aren't playing next week?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Why are you getting Spurs players if they aren't playing next week?

This would be the following week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

DGW or not I wouldn't touch a Spurs defender.

qwabercd wrote: »
    DGW or not I wouldn't touch a Spurs defender.

My buddy transferred in rose sat morning! Great call!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Seems like almost everyone is going for Kane and Eriksen for the dgw, gains will minimal really unless one outscores the other heavily thus favouring the Capper's .

I'm looking at Austin as well but to get him I'd have to sell Sturridge who has Burnley and it is debateable if Austin can outscore him even with two games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

dahat wrote: »
    Seems like almost everyone is going for Kane and Eriksen for the dgw, gains will minimal really unless one outscores the other heavily thus favouring the Capper's .

I'm looking at Austin as well but to get him I'd have to sell Sturridge who has Burnley and it is debateable if Austin can outscore him even with two games

That's the problem with this dgw arsenal have qpr city have Leicester and liverpool play burnley. Then a lot have hazard it's hard to justify freeing up more than 2 of the 7 attacking spots . I think i'll just be going with Kane and one of eriksen or Austin at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

and then you are left with Austin
    if I had sturridge I would no way switch him out for Austin ahead of Burnley double game or not

When is the Spurs dgw?

Ive 5 players with no game week 27
    Yun
    Hazard
    Zouma
    Erikson
    Kane

Not sure what too do only have 1 transfer. Any feedback/help would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 7,556 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

the week after this gameweek is spurs dgw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

MrMac84 wrote: »
    When is the Spurs dgw?

Ive 5 players with no game week 27
    Yun
    Hazard
    Zouma
    Erikson
    Kane

Not sure what too do only have 1 transfer. Any feedback/help would be great

Eriksen, Hazard and Kane to your bench. Transfer out Yun or Zouma (or both) as they are rotation risks. Probably worth keeping Yun though for GW 28.

zarquon wrote: »
    Eriksen, Hazard and Kane to your bench. Transfer out Yun or Zouma (or both) as they are rotation risks. Probably worth keeping Yun though for GW 28.

Does yun have double week that week? Might do them both out and then get yun back as I want too field 11 players! Is Toby Alder. Fit yet?

km79 wrote: »
    and then you are left with Austin
    if I had sturridge I would no way switch him out for Austin ahead of Burnley double game or not

DGW becomes nothing then really,Austin in and put as quick as if I did do it.

That's the problem with this dgw arsenal have qpr city have Leicester and liverpool play burnley. Then a lot have hazard it's hard to justify freeing up more than 2 of the 7 attacking spots . I think i'll just be going with Kane and one of eriksen or Austin at this stage.

Dgw is effectively redundant then really. A pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

For some reason in all my planning I totally missed that Yun has a blank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Will have Terry
    Hazard
    Kane out thru cup final
    Also have Wasi,PVA and Amoebi who look like they are out of their managers thoughts.....and have Bellerin(who I think will return next wkd).Have 2 FTs but would like to only use one,have Foster in goals,would doubling up by bringing in Dawson be a bad move?
    So maybe Wasi to Dawson..or should I get rid of PVA or Amoebi too?
    Thanks for any thoughts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

It's looking likely I'll bring Caulker in for the DGW, I need a little bit of a gamble and he's a good goal threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭G1032

irish son wrote: »
    It's looking likely I'll bring Caulker in for the DGW, I need a little bit of a gamble and he's a good goal threat.

He last scored a goal in GW5!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Shedite27 wrote: »
    For some reason in all my planning I totally missed that Yun has a blank.

OK, I'm going to have to say it. Who the **** is this Yun that everybody is so concerned about?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Deise Vu wrote: »
    OK, I'm going to have to say it. Who the **** is this Yun that everybody is so concerned about?

3.9 defender plays for QPR

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Ace2007 wrote: »
    3.9 defender plays for QPR

Thanks. I see his DGW is Arsenal and Tottenham. Even with QPR down to 4 defenders I think there is a good reason he is £3.9M.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Some key Spurs players minutes so far in their 4 game fixture pile up...Fiorentina, Chelsea, Swansea, QPR.

(s) means came on as sub.

Eriksen......90....90
    Kane........27(s)..90
    Dembelle....0.....28(s)
    Chadli........63....80
    Rose...........0....90
    Davies.......90....0
    Vert...........75...90
    Walker.......15....90
    Lamela......90...19(s)

Would strongly suggest Eriksen and Chadli unlikely to start both this weeks PL games IMO. As for Dembele, who knows!?

Davies v Rose is hard to call. Rose has generally been preferred in the PL but
    I'd probably expect Davies to get one of these two.

Vertonghen and walker will probably be safe enough, but who wants to tie up tan much money in a spurs defender, or to waste a transfer getting them straight back out again.

To me this DGW is turning out to be a bit of a wash out. Two teams with unattractive defences, rotation likely in most Spurs attackers, Austin the only feasible QPR attacker and he's not exactly a long term prospect so a one week punt when he hasn't the easiest of fixtures while the like of Aguero, Sturridge etc. have great fixtures.

I'm looking likely to only have one DGW player in Kane.

I went for Eriksen and Kane but will be likely be going straight back to Cazorla.

It was a fear of what could happen rather than a wellm thought out transfer. Under no circumstances would I advise anyone to take a bit for any player this dgw.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I went for Eriksen and Kane but will be likely be going straight back to Cazorla.

It was a fear of what could happen rather than a wellm thought out transfer. Under no circumstances would I advise anyone to take a bit for any player this dgw.

I'd feel the same about eriksen if I thought he'd play 90 in both games. But given that I don't, and given City's fixture I'll most likely be getting Silva instead.

I have Kane and Erikson was considering chadli... Have no QPR players!

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    I'd feel the same about eriksen if I thought he'd play 90 in both games. But given that I don't, and given City's fixture I'll most likely be getting Silva instead.

I have the luxury of having Silva so Cazorla to Eriksen was a free hit for me

Advertisement