Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Price Changes FPL 14/15 **Mod warning 1st post**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I wonder if Totalfpl is up and running again? They have Cesc, Cattermole and Larsson due for a rise, so will be interesting to see if they go up tonight.

Only Fab went up.

Giroud, Austin, Davies and a whole clatter of others drop.

I wonder if Totalfpl is up and running again? They have Cesc, Cattermole and Larsson due for a rise, so will be interesting to see if they go up tonight.

Only Fab went up.

Giroud, Austin, Davies and a whole clatter of others drop. But not Caulker!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

You can tell from the progress and NTIs that it's not right still. Totalfpl have Dier's NTI at 134,958. That's a helluva lot of people who transferred him in in the last half hour in the early hours of Tuesday morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Saying Jovetic is protected?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Yeah it still seems to be a bit of a mess tbh. As long as FPL still release the exact figures for transfers in and out then the rest of the external sites will be able to extrapolate the data needed. I'm not sure why they (FPL.com) don't just give rough figures in order to counteract it? Obviously I'm hoping they don't though! These sites do come in handy and having the extra few million from January onwards really helps you to kick on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,347 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

roryc wrote: »
    Yeah it still seems to be a bit of a mess tbh. As long as FPL still release the exact figures for transfers in and out then the rest of the external sites will be able to extrapolate the data needed. I'm not sure why they (FPL.com) don't just give rough figures in order to counteract it? Obviously I'm hoping they don't though! These sites do come in handy and having the extra few million from January onwards really helps you to kick on.

Yeah these sites do allow the more serious players to make some money where the more casual players wouldn't, and that money will come in handy later in the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

With all this confusion and lack of accurate predictions it does make the WC this weekend less appealing. Normally like to trade a few to get money in but it looks like we will be unable to predict price rises like in previous years.

Anyone planning to WC anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,347 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

dahat wrote: »
    With all this confusion and lack of accurate predictions it does make the WC this weekend less appealing. Normally like to trade a few to get money in but it looks like we will be unable to predict price rises like in previous years.

Anyone planning to WC anyway?

No. There's a few players in my team I'm not thrilled with, but I'm going to try and hold of for this week, and the international break, and hopefully by then totalfpl and fiso will have sorted it out! I'm lost with out them!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

No. There's a few players in my team I'm not thrilled with, but I'm going to try and hold of for this week, and the international break, and hopefully by then totalfpl and fiso will have sorted it out! I'm lost with out them!!

Same here, would love if it was sorted so we can activate over the international break. A blind WC does not appeal at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Wanted to swap Giroud for Adebayor but cant now - darn

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

A sh!te Austin dropped last night, I'll need to get him out before an extremely rational hatred of him creeps in. A missed penalty and a hamstring injury have given me 0 points and 0.1 drop in price. Thankfully Jovetic is 7.9...for now

A sh!te Austin dropped last night, I'll need to get him out before an extremely rational hatred of him creeps in. A missed penalty and a hamstring injury have given me 0 points and 0.1 drop in price. Thankfully Jovetic is 7.9...for now

Yeah the points drops are what kill people more than the points rises, as many people don't notice when their subs start dropping, and more players drop every week than rise due to the way its set up! You take 100% of the hit on the drops too, so always worth keeping an eye on your subs.

Bojan and Isgrove will drop this week so they've both gotten the chop from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

The reason that CTC and TotalFPL cannot get accurate figures is that things have changed this year in data terms.

It looks like wildcards and new teams no longer affect price changes, but of course these numbers are in the NTI figures and neither CTC or TotalFPL have access to the wildcard or new team data.

If this holds true then I would imagine things will settle down after a while when we have a lot less wildcarding and new teams. But it will still be 'estimates'.

BUT - this could also mean that the days of making big £ with your international break wild card could be over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

roryc wrote: »
    Yeah the points drops are what kill people more than the points rises, as many people don't notice when their subs start dropping, and more players drop every week than rise due to the way its set up! You take 100% of the hit on the drops too, so always worth keeping an eye on your subs.

Bojan and Isgrove will drop this week so they've both gotten the chop from me.

Agree. El Ahamadi is taking the chop for me too for King from Leicester.

He wont feature in my team this week but didn't want the price fall and the other is likely to rise

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭IanOBo

what does Jovetic 'protected' mean on TotalFPL?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

IanOBo wrote: »
    what does Jovetic 'protected' mean on TotalFPL?

Its all messed up. Don't take it seriously.

The reason that CTC and TotalFPL cannot get accurate figures is that things have changed this year in data terms.

It looks like wildcards and new teams no longer affect price changes, but of course these numbers are in the NTI figures and neither CTC or TotalFPL have access to the wildcard or new team data.

If this holds true then I would imagine things will settle down after a while when we have a lot less wildcarding and new teams. But it will still be 'estimates'.

BUT - this could also mean that the days of making big £ with your international break wild card could be over.

This is what anyone thinking of wildcard should be aware of. Three things have changed or appear to have changed if you're keeping an eye on the whole price change area, FISO forum etc.

1. Before things went to **** its was pretty well confirmed that it requires a multiple of the NTI target to get a second and third rise in the gw.

2. It's believed that as Trigger happy says that wildcard transfers and new teams won't count towards NTI

3 The changes in data available to the price change sites has meant they are not really functioning and will be a good while before they can really be trusted to be accurate.

So basically there are likely to be less rises and they'll be harder to predict. This surely greatly reduces the team value benefits from a wildcard round now.

I had hoped to hold onto mine anyway but definitely not playing it now.

Safe to say Jovetic will rise tonight? 90k transfers in per teh main site.

Giroud has 85k out but is still owned by 600k.

Can see a huge amount coming Jovetic's way if Giroud is out for 3 months.

Possible double rise this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Safe to say Jovetic will rise tonight? 90k transfers in per teh main site.

Giroud has 85k out but is still owned by 600k.

Can see a huge amount coming Jovetic's way if Giroud is out for 3 months.

Possible double rise this week?

On this, have Giroud but dont need him this week. However have a transfer done this week so is it worth taking a 4 point hit to get him out to avoid dropping value or wait till next week (i.e how much is he likely to drop by Sunday)

Dice75 wrote: »
    On this, have Giroud but dont need him this week. However have a transfer done this week so is it worth taking a 4 point hit to get him out to avoid dropping value or wait till next week (i.e how much is he likely to drop by Sunday)

I'd guess only once, but it's so hard to tell at present. Will drop like a stone if over international break though if out for a while (as rumored)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Balotell in at 10.0. Anyone brave enough to take the risk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Anyone that takes this game seriously will wait a few weeks to monitor him before jumping on board. I might consider him when he comes back from his first 3 match ban ;)

I'd prefer to get him a week late than a month early. Will wait and see how much gametime he even gets before considering him at £10m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Not for me.

I rate him as a player but taking into account his price, the fact he's usually good for 4 or 5 yellows on top of 1 or 2 reds a season and won't get penalties if Gerrard's on the pitch, I'll wait and see how things develop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Paully D wrote: »
    Not for me.

I rate him as a player but taking into account his price, the fact he's usually good for 4 or 5 yellows on top of 1 or 2 reds a season and won't get penalties if Gerrard's on the pitch, I'll wait and see how things develop.

Early bird catches the worm!

Rooney out, Balotelli In!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Pretty sure the only involvement I'll be having with Balotelli this season is a few bets on him to pick up cards.

Chesty08 wrote: »

I hope that's a joke! Burnley for Rooney, Spurs for Balotelli who will get limited minutes (if any!) :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Anyone any idea how long before Bojan goes down?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Los Cafeteros

Are any of the price change sites reliable at the minute?

I have 2 free transfers burning a hole in my pocket but my team is in good shape. Considering swapping out the injured matty james, my 5th MF who is due to go down tonight on TotalFPL to preserve team value. FPL statistics have him around -50%.

Downgrading Phil jones is high on the agenda too. Will yoshida keep his place in the Southampton back 4?

FPL Statistics see to have something credible up and running and are spelling out exactly what it can and can't do in fairness to them.

http://www.fplstatistics.co.uk/Home/ComingSoon

Interestingly they only have Caulker at 63% to a drop.

Jovetic, Larsson and Cattermole to rise tonight they reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

I really want Naismith to rise (to make me a 0.1 profit) to offset the Mata 0.1 loss.

Like Roryc said it's the 0.1 drops that kill you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,164 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I have 2 free transfers burning a hole in my pocket but my team is in good shape. Considering swapping out the injured matty james, my 5th MF who is due to go down tonight on TotalFPL to preserve team value. FPL statistics have him around -50%.

Downgrading Phil jones is high on the agenda too. Will yoshida keep his place in the Southampton back 4?

I think Yoshida will eventually lose his place to the new signing Florin Gardos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'd hold the horses on Jones if he isn't looking like falling this week.

He will be a bonus points machine if (a big IF) United manage to keep a clean sheet or 2 against the 3 promoted sides.

An incredible fact but he just missed out on a bonus point despite conceding 2 against Swansea and was just shy of matching Rodwells bps total despite Rodwell scoring against him.

Jones is the new Terry... you heard it hear first :)
    That's with the caveat that United don't continue to be the next *insert crap team here* :)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

Chesty08 wrote: »

Really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Caulker, Shane Long and Oscar amongst those who fell last night.

Larsson and Jovetic up.

Lovely stuff, i got rid of caulker and brought larsson in as part of my transfers yesterday.

Bah. fpl statistics had given me some false hope Caulker would sneak it till the end of the week.

Here's to him scoring at the weekend..

Long is an interesting one. He could be decent value if he keeps falling. Not a great finisher as we've discussed before but he will score goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Rdwrer

Can Di Maria go up in price before the new gameweek starts?

• Advertisement

He will probably rise 0.2m. Jump on board now! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

No, he should be protected/frozen for 8 days now.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Rdwrer

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    No, he should be protected/frozen for 8 days now.

Thanks

Are any of the price sites anywhere near right at all?

Lemlin wrote: »
    Are any of the price sites anywhere near right at all?

Fpl statistics had the 2 correct last night. They also incorrectly had Cattermole to rise. They admit they are pretty inaccurate on drops still. They seemed to have a good few of them right but were off on Caulker.

Total FPL seems to be totally guessing. Fiso had nothing up last time I looked which was last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

will silva rise or toure drop before this weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

will silva rise or toure drop before this weekend?

Both are very likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Can't beleive Toure's ownership is so high for his form/price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Guzan looks like going up tonight for def.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Cattermole should rise tonight.
    TotalFPL: 153.8%
    FPL Statistics: 113%

Guzan maybe
    TotalFPL: 132.9%
    FPL Statistics: 97.7%

Don't think anyone else will rise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Danger781 wrote: »
    Cattermole should rise tonight.
    TotalFPL: 153.8%
    FPL Statistics: 113%

Guzan maybe
    TotalFPL: 132.9%
    FPL Statistics: 97.7%

Don't think anyone else will rise.
    Are FPL Statistics that reliable? I honestly barely have a breeze as to who is gonna do what this year. And I'm in the middle of a wildcard attempt at rises.

• Advertisement
Advertisement