Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worx lithium trimmer

Options
  • 01-07-2011 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭

Have any of you bought the worx lithium battery trimmer its supposed to last three times longer than a normal 18v battery, it does in its hole:mad: it lasts no longer than them.

Pity cause its a nicely designed garden tool lightweight and easy to handle, but i just wish manufactures wouldn't lead consumers up the garden path (if you pardon the pun)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

fryup wrote: »
    Have any of you bought the worx lithium battery trimmer its supposed to last three times longer than a normal 18v battery, it does in its hole:mad: it lasts no longer than them.

Pity cause its a nicely designed garden tool lightweight and easy to handle, but i just wish manufactures wouldn't lead consumers up the garden path (if you pardon the pun)

I thought lithium charge quicker, but with no difference in power/capacity. But isn't power also affected by charging history/style ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i understand about charging history but mine is brand spanking new so that shouldn't be an issue, and anyway its advertised to last 3 times longer than normal batteries..i've only used for light work around the garden and yet at best I only get 20 max running time from it:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Mine is the same OP so I bought a second battery off of eBay and it's a great help. Cordless strummers are the way to go, wish I could justify buying a petrol one though : vroooooooooom!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

I had a petrol one before and it broke my heart trying to start it, you had to have the mix spot on or else, not only that but i find them quite heavy too and awkward to handle.

I've also got a B&D electric trimmer which is excellent but using the extension cord is a pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Theres webpages detailing the differences in lithium batteries ,compared to older ones.
    Basically if you draw power constantly from the battery ,it will drain ver fast. If you stop and start when possible the battery lasts much longer.

I have a lithium 3 tool set and my saw eats the batteries ,but the drills last for days. When I use the saw ,its for longer periods ,but I find it hard to stop when Ive work to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

fryup wrote: »
    i understand about charging history but mine is brand spanking new so that shouldn't be an issue, and anyway its advertised to last 3 times longer than normal batteries..i've only used for light work around the garden and yet at best I only get 20 max running time from it:cool:

Thats disappointing, does seem to point the finger at possible faulty batteries?
    Anyways, it does seem to be unfot for purpose, in which case I'd return it for an exchange/refund.;)

Advertisement