Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Year - New band - U2 tribute - Who's in?

Options
  • 28-11-2014 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hey Folks,

would love to put in the effort and hard work to get a decent U2 tribute act off the ground!

I play some acoustic - enough to do a few songs in a set, just like Bono does.... I'll put my hand up for the lead singer - it's a tough act to follow - I know - but I'll give it my absolute best!

Need three more willing to put the same effort in..... starting in the new year. . .

I'm 36 - male, anywhere in Leinster or the Midlands would be ideal.

RNRK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭sbEdge

Hi,

I'm based in Waterford and play guitar. I play mostly U2, have Vox AC30, Boss effects unit and 3 guitars. Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 david112

Hiya,

Did you ever get anywhere with your U2 project? 46 year old drummer here with a Larry Mullen jr style Yamaha Power V kit.

Dave

Hi,
    We had all 4 members but the bassist pulled out before we got to meet up, never heard from the others again after. Where are you based?

sbEdge wrote: »
    Hi,
    We had all 4 members but the bassist pulled out before we got to meet up, never heard from the others again after. Where are you based?

That's a pity.
    I'm in Ballyfermot in West Dublin. I would love to get together with 3 like minded U2 fans to see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Hawk4077

Couple of options here while you're discussing a U2 group:

* Adam Clayton here if you're still looking

<B><I>OR</I></B>

* Edge also possibly but I look **** in a hat
    - Have guitar / vocals
    - Have some keyboards, enough to do what edge does

Wouldn't mind meeting up sometime in the new year if it's still a runner.

• Advertisement

OR

- Have guitar / vocals

Wouldn't mind meeting up sometime in the new year if it's still a runner. Based in North Kildare but can travel.

Hawk4077 wrote: »

OR

- Have guitar / vocals

Wouldn't mind meeting up sometime in the new year if it's still a runner. Based in North Kildare but can travel.

Is your name Niall by any chance? The bassist we had originally was from Kildare, but joined a Beatles band instead.

I'm up for guitar duties, I have Vox AC30, decent effects set up and 4 guitars, but no hat!

sbEdge wrote: »
    ...Is your name Niall by any chance...

Em, no it's not. My name would be Declan.

Em, no it's not. My name would be Declan.

Ah right, just wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I'm not interested in joining, but I have access to a hat if ye still need one?

• Advertisement

OR

- Have guitar / vocals

I'd be up for meeting up in the new year to see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Somebody else

endacl wrote: »
    I'm not interested in joining, but I have access to a hat if ye still need one?

Is it a left or right handed hat, I've been looking for a left handed one for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Is it a left or right handed hat, I've been looking for a left handed one for ages.

Right handed. Sorry. You might get away with turning it inside out if you're stuck though?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Somebody else

Yeah, I'm using an inside out right hander at the moment, it's fine for jamming around and stuff but you really need the left hander to get the right sound for gigging but thanks anyway.

Advertisement