Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

It is probably a conspiracy. But hopefully we get away with it.:rolleyes:

UEFA think it is fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

KeithAFC wrote: »
    It is probably a conspiracy. But hopefully we get away with it.:rolleyes:

UEFA think it is fine.

No they dont, they are throwing it out because Maribor didnt follow procedures, big difference.

Dempsey wrote: »
    No they dont, they are throwing it out because Maribor didnt follow procedures, big difference.
    Ok, so Maribor think it isn't that much of a deal to follow procedures. Nice to see Phil is on the case though. :rolleyes:

Ok, so Maribor think it isn't that much of a deal to follow procedures. Nice to see Phil is on the case though. :rolleyes:

Phil?

2 wrongs dont make a right, Rangers fielded a player that didnt complete all paperwork regarding a transfer, a more serious offence than not registering a complaint within 24 hours of completing a match.

I hope Maribor appeal the decision and UEFA take their heads out of their arses and hand Rangers another ban. :P

Dempsey wrote: »
    Phil?

2 wrongs dont make a right, Rangers fielded a player that didnt complete all paperwork regarding a transfer, a more serious offence than not registering a complaint within 24 hours of completing a match.

I hope Maribor appeal the decision and UEFA take their heads out of their arses and hand Rangers another ban. :P
    Frankly, I don't think it would be a big disaster anyway if we did get thrown out of the Europa league.

• Advertisement

Whyte will cover the loss of earnings from the Europa League stage so it shouldnt be a problem for ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

McGregor Broadfoot Goian Bocanegra Wallace Ortiz Davis Edu Wylde Lafferty Jelavic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Best of luck to Rangers tonight.

An absolute disgrace.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I'm speechless lads, I really am. Sion and Maribor, how many of us would have heard of them before two weeks ago?

I wanted both Celtic and Rangers in the groups tbh. :(

• Advertisement

This could very well be the season that sees the death of Scottish football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

It is a very sad night for Scottish football. These two results are simply not acceptable for clubs like us. Hard to know where Scottish football goes from here :(.

A pure disgrace. What on earth is going on with Scottish football. But awful tactics tonight, some awful attempts on goal.

And Shamrock rovers pulled off an incredible result. That is how you play, with some passion and heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Exactly, Rovers tonight showed the passion and desire to win that Rangers and Celtic used to show!

Got to respond against Aberdeen on Sunday at Ibrox. A chance to stay top. Go and do it Rangers.

On FollowFollow there's a debate going on about the training of the squad.

Apparently they come in at 10 and leave at 12.30.
    No wonder they're **** against European teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

RANGERS: McGregor; Broadfoot, Goian, Perry, Bocanegra; Edu, Naismith, Davis, Wylde; Lafferty, Jelavic

Subs: Alexander, Fleck, Healy, Bedoya, Ortiz, Kerkar, Whittaker

Hope they destroy the dolly scum.

Good well taken goal from Davis but we are sitting off them to much.

And another CB injured we can't be this unlucky or is it something we are doing in training or not doing as the case may be

'Sitting off' is an understatement, 4-5-1 at home is a bloody disgrace.

I really start to believe that Ally has to go now, for the good of both the club and himself.

• Advertisement

2-0 Naisy, game over.

What a horrible, horrible second half that was.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    'Sitting off' is an understatement, 4-5-1 at home is a bloody disgrace.

I really start to believe that Ally has to go now, for the good of both the club and himself.

FFs we are top of the league and you want him sacked :confused::confused:

Did you actually see the match ?
    We won, but for large spells of the game Aberdeen were the better team.

The tactics are disgraceful.
    When Smith left we were told that 'Ally is his own man, with his own ideas', so far for that.

The fact we're top of the league is just glossing over the cracks, I mean:

He said that the reason for failure in Europe was 'fatigue'
    IN AUGUST!

Did you actually see the match ?
    We won, but for large spells of the game Aberdeen were the better team.

The tactics are disgraceful.
    When Smith left we were told that 'Ally is his own man, with his own ideas', so far for that.

The fact we're top of the league is just glossing over the cracks, I mean:

He said that the reason for failure in Europe was 'fatigue'
    IN AUGUST!

I will agree about his comments and yes I saw the match Aberdeen were not the better team for much of the game they were better for much of the second half after Goian got injured at the end of the first.

Defenders
    Whittaker
    Broadfoot
    McMillan
    Papac
    Wallace
    Bougherra
    Bartley
    Goian
    Perry
    Weir
    Bocanegra

Midfielders
    Ortiz
    Edu
    Davis
    Ness
    McCullough
    Wylde
    Naismith
    Fleck

Forwards
    Lafferty
    Jelavic

Up until Thursday night that's the list of Players that have played most of The Defense has been chopped and changed due to injury and a number of the midfield as well. Why not wait and see what happens when we have a settled team before jumping in wanting McCoists head

Good result. Was scrappy but won the game which is the most important thing.

Rangers knock back £6.5 million from Leicester and £7.5 million from an unnamed Russian club for Jelavic funny feeling he will be gone by tomorrow Whyte and Ally better have a couple of players lined up if he goes

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Rangers knock back £6.5 million from Leicester and £7.5 million from an unnamed Russian club for Jelavic funny feeling he will be gone by tomorrow Whyte and Ally better have a couple of players lined up if he goes

He's a very decent player, fair play if yous hold on to him.

Don't think he'll leave, but I do think we'll get at least one more loan signing in, preferrably a striker.

Which is needed, if Jelavic is injured we're in trouble.

Don't think he'll leave, but I do think we'll get at least one more loan signing in, preferrably a striker.

Which is needed, if Jelavic is injured we're in trouble.

Hope not and if he does it has to be at least 10m we need a striker that can play off him Naismith is not right for that

• Advertisement

Would need a replacement if he went.

http://www.philmacgiollabhain.com/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi

What happened here? Why was it suspended? Funny anyway. Up ye phil :D

http://www.philmacgiollabhain.com/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi

What happened here? Why was it suspended? Funny anyway. Up ye phil :D

Don't know but to be honest mate if we talk about him it gives him the attention he craves he is not worth it not in a Rangers thread anyway

Don't know but to be honest mate if we talk about him it gives him the attention he craves he is not worth it not in a Rangers thread anyway
    True. It is funny though because of his nonsense. :pac:

It was suspended on behalf of a 'UK body'.

Mon the Craig :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Are ye happy with the business ye done this window lads?

We all knew White couldn't provide the sort of money promised but I really expected ye to bring in 1 or 2 more.

• Advertisement

bobmalooka wrote: »

We all knew White couldn't provide the sort of money promised but I really expected ye to bring in 1 or 2 more.
    Not really upset. We brought in Bedoya and Bocanegra and McKay and all 3 are still to play on a consistent basis for us. So they are 3 new signings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

bobmalooka wrote: »

I'm happy, a striker would've made it complete but we can't have everything.

We brought in Goiain, Bartley and Bocanegra for defence, McKay and Bedoya still have to come into midfield so we have plenty of options.

We finally have a proper left back in Lee Wallace as well so I think we're looking good. As long as we can get free of injuries and get a settled team we'll be fine.

TheBuilder wrote: »
    I'm happy, a striker would've made it complete but we can't have everything.

We brought in Goiain, Bartley and Bocanegra for defence, McKay and Bedoya still have to come into midfield so we have plenty of options.

We finally have a proper left back in Lee Wallace as well so I think we're looking good. As long as we can get free of injuries and get a settled team we'll be fine.

^^^^^^^^^^
    What he said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Support your heroes in illegal wars abroad, pay your fcuking taxes.

Good to see that Celtic support the British troops the world over, by paying taxes.
    Must make your fans proud, knowing that.

• Advertisement

Good to see that Celtic support the British troops the world over, by paying taxes.
    Must make your fans proud, knowing that.

which part of 'your heroes' do you not quite get???

That has to be even worse, paying the wages for people you dislike :pac:

But hey, keep using that as some weak dig at us, as long as you enjoy yourself.

That has to be even worse, paying the wages for people you dislike :pac:

But hey, keep using that as some weak dig at us, as long as you enjoy yourself.

How am i paying their wages?

Are you saying Celtic don't pay taxes on matchday tickets and merchandise, bought by Irish people ? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Children the lot of ye. Why argue over a nonsensical issue such as this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Are you saying Celtic don't pay taxes on matchday tickets and merchandise, bought by Irish people ? :pac:

yawn, you are correct Britain is spending a portion of that revenue on their illegal immoral wars instead of health and education.

I'm sure Rangers fans approve of spilling the blood of innocent people there instead of improving the communities they live in. :rolleyes:

but hey for the glory of the empire and all that....

What an absolutely childish post. Show me one person anywhere in the world who doesn't object to how some of their tax is spent. Yes Celtic do pay tax, you see the difference????

What an absolutely childish post. Show me one person anywhere in the world who doesn't object to how some of their tax is spent. Yes Celtic do pay tax, you see the difference????

So do Rangers, so stop your constant 'Pay your taxes' crap.

This is something from years (possibly decades) ago, under Murray.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

This is something from years ago, under Murray.

"We pay our taxes! Every now and then..."

This is something from years (possibly decades) ago, under Murray.
    Ignore it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement