Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disposing of old Trailer Tent

Options
  • 23-05-2008 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

I have a conway trailer tent which is well past its best- over 20 years old.

I'm wondering how to get rid of it - its taking up room in my garage.

Does anyone know who would take an old trailer for possible recycling?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Adverts.ie might be a good place to start where there's always people looking for the makings of a trailer. Jumbletown.ie is another option.
    Could the material be of use to somebody to make an awning/safari room?
    I'd be tempted to take the wheels/springs for a garden trailer but I'm sure you'd prefer to offload it in one go.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Any pictures?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Leeside

Thanks for those suggestions. I hadn't heard of Jumbetown.ie before. Yes, I'd prefer to get rid of it in one go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

If it's roadworthy, I'd be interested in taking it from you....

Gil

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Leeside

It hasn't been on the road for about two/three years. It was in use up to a few years ago but when I wanted to set it up last week the nuts to drop two of legs have rusted and won't budge - including one holding one of the kitchen legs - the tent can't be set up without taking the kitchen unit off first.

There's a bit of other rust on the body also but from a quick look at the canvas it looks in good condition. There's some rust on the wheels also and they obviously need greasing etc. I'm also not sure about the lights but they worked when last towed.

I'm in Cork so that may pose a problem for you. Let me know if you're still interested. I'll need to try and open it up as I can't remember what's stored inside it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Well, the missus still hasn't been to Cork :p

I'd be happy to spend the few hours to take a spin down to you if you'd like.

Drop me a PM with your number and I'll give you a call to see if we can organise something perhaps?

Thanks,

Gil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 byrnef

Just went onto jumbletown.ie it looks like a great site. Have registered. Hope it works well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 byrnef

It seems that these go quickly. It's typical that they are like hen's teeth when you're looking 4 one and plentiful when you're not.:confused::confused:

Advertisement