Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

attaching rear ladder

Options
  • 17-04-2010 9:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

i got a rear ladder for my camper but there are no bolts and plates to attach it. i got a bike rack before and everything came with it. i'm just wondering what other people used to attach ladders. is there some kind of plate you can get for placing on the inside.

also i think one of the connection points will be behind a panel in the toilet that i'd rather not remove to attach the plate. is there any other way to do this that will still leave the ladder strong enough to carry the necessary weight.

thanks folks
    Pauric

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭pauric1

anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I think your real issue aren't a few long bolts, nuts and plates ...you could get those from your nearest building supply guy / engineering company.

The real issue is ....do you know exactly where to fix the ladder to?
    The backside of your van is either glassfibre with a few strenghtening bars or a wooden frame with styrofoam and alu sheating.

You wouldn't want to be drilling holes where there is nothing behind to support your ladder fixings but a bit of crumbly styrofoam

Advertisement