Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SKY Reception has just started going fuzzy. .

• 16-10-2005 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭

Hi

Has anyone experienced problems with SKY over the last couple of weeks? The picture (and sometimes sound) freezes and can stop and start at anytime.

I thought this may be the TV, tried another TV and get the same.

Called SKY's Customer services line, was told its a problem with either the weather or our dish and we would have to pay EUR 109 for a standard callout!

Just got my phone bill in and have seen that for the 2 calls to their 0818 number I made for 28 mins (mostly holding) has cost me EUR 8 each. .. but hey thats another story!

I dont think its our SKY disd, we have had it for 3 years and have had no problems. To top things off, the TV's in the gym were doing the same 'freezing' thing tonight. .. so surely its not my dish if the gym have the same problem??

Has anyone had the same problem? did you pay the EUR 109 call out fee?? or is it a more general problem with SKY's transmission??

Help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,202 ✭✭✭emaherx

sounds like your dish is out of alignment aswell as the one at your gym
    109 euro is a bit steep
    you could probably get an independent installer for less
    alternativily you could try adjusting it your self

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Does the freezing effect some or all channels? If only some, do state what channels are breaking up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭sheepshagger

it affects all channels.

I can't see how the dish would get out of alignment, the fact the gym has the same problem made me wonder if its a problem with SKy. . .dont really wnt to fork out 100 euro if I can help it!

Am I the only one affected??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,304 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Reboot. Unplug it, and plug it back in. You'd be amazed how many probelsm this can solve.

Advertisement