Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

have you ever bought the big issue?

• 09-09-2008 1:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

i mean what the bloody hell? does anyone actually buy this or even read it and what type of nonsense does it contain. plus smelly people usually sell it so its not something you want to sit down and read whilst eating your sandwhich knowing its been handled by a krusty.

Im going to start a poll to find out how many people here have actually bought it!

have you ever purchased the big issue? 17 votes

yes
    0% 0 votes
    no
    100% 17 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

lol...I can see this being the most 1 sided poll EVAR!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

why do that when i could just throw some money in my toilet, and throw some toilet paper on my table?....seems like less effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

Even if anyone has bought it, i doubt they will admit it. even on the interwebs. just imahine the shame .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

A load of left-wing drivel.
    Articles by dole bums and pages of missing alcoholics.
    Usually peddled by people off thier brains on a cocktail of drink and drugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,228 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I bought Hot Press once, does that count?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

NO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

Yeah i buy it every now and then. It's a piece of rubbish but at least the people selling it need the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

I have bought it once or twice :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

oh god....the honesty is kicking in....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,121 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I slipped up and bought it once, then later realised that I was charged more than I should have been by the thieving fuckwit who sold it to me. That's what I call a "Big Issue"! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭buckieburd

I'd buy it now and again but only off the Irish sellers. I think its a good way to help them back on their feet, at least their not just sitting with there hands out begging...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

No, and why on Earth would I want to?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Big Issue?

No Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I bought it once. It's a crap read.

And the Romanian I bought it off tried to grab the money out of my hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Have bought a few here and there. Can't ever remember actually reading them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

hah! I know a guy who gave a romanian woman some money and she just walked off without giving him one :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

i beleive there are 2 uses for the big issue.

1 - your out of toilet paper

2 - your out of roach material.

and in both cases you'd have to buy it and i still wouldnt be arsed so what the hell am i typing this for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

vinylmesh wrote: »
    hah! I know a guy who gave a romanian woman some money and she just walked off without giving him one :P

Hey, we're talking about the big issue here ... make your own thread if you want to discuss other industries.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭anti-venom

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I slipped up and bought it once, then later realised that I was charged more than I should have been by the thieving fuckwit who sold it to me. That's what I call a "Big Issue"! :mad:

Me too. Never again....I'd rather buy a **** encrusted Hello magazine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

It's just a magazine. You lot have big issues...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

yes i did, the girl selling it was remotely hot and she pestered me, i gave in.

it was however, a pile of s*ite

Advertisement