Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to give them the hint?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

wtf?Who said i won't get a job?This is money i know is mine.Even if i started a job yesterday i wouldn't be paid for a fortnite.I'm going teaching grinds if you must know.Reported for abuse.

Just giving good solid advice there partner, if you choose to ignore it and go all po faced, and report a fairly harmless post go ahead.

Just pm me with your real name so as if you ever apply for a job in my company I can consign it to the bin for people who want everything done for them,and useless academics.

Have a good day now y'hear.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Your sister's in the middle. She knows of your financial dilemma and of the inheritance due you. So ask her to go to your parents and explain how the inheritance is needed now to fund your schooling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Just giving good solid advice there partner, if you choose to ignore it and go all po faced, and report a fairly harmless post go ahead.

Just pm me with your real name so as if you ever apply for a job in my company I can consign it to the bin for people who want everything done for them,and useless academics.

Have a good day now y'hear.

I want to see this list....

Ok I'm back at uni,which means poorness.I have to pay 250 quid in levies,leaving me 17e in the bank.I'm going to get a loan but that takes a while.The good news is my granddad left me some cash-the bad news is I'm not supposed to know(my sister was given her's last year).Even badder my ma isn't going to give me the money 'until I need it'.How do I give them the hint that I need it now,without asking and getting my sister in ****?Thoughts?

I have to pay 1000 euro in levies.Ah.crap:(

wtf?Who said i won't get a job?This is money i know is mine.Even if i started a job yesterday i wouldn't be paid for a fortnite.I'm going teaching grinds if you must know.Reported for abuse.
    Masters or a PHD?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Your sister's in the middle. She knows of your financial dilemma and of the inheritance due you. So ask her to go to your parents and explain how the inheritance is needed now to fund your schooling.

strangely enough, I was just about to post that this morning..except I woke up late :pac:

Let her do the dirty work :) Get's nobody in trouble, and you get your money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Thanks, that's pretty much what I did, getting the money tomorrow, in the mean time I have to pay that 250 and go to the bank to set up a loan.

Masters or a PHD?

Masters, what are you doing?
    strangely enough, I was just about to post that this morning..except I woke up late :pac:

Let her do the dirty work :) Get's nobody in trouble, and you get your money.

Thanks for the advice challengemaster, even if it was late..better than never!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Statso

Am i the only one who thinks his parents have already spent his cash and thats why they are being so quiet. :confused:

Ok move along now, nothing else to see here, Hey buddy, back up there!!!!Brian has achieved his objective in telling everyone he is doing a Masters.

This thread was just a vehicle to promulgate that fact,c'mon it's all over here, move along now.;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Totally was tbh.

Yeah definitely can't exercise outside or use the small free gym in dangan...

Ask your sister to tell them that you have no money, all casual like. Or you know, you tell them that or that you are going to apply for a loan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

5starpool wrote: »
    It's your bloody money, you are over 18 (I assume), so why the hell didn't they just give you the money when it was left to you?
    Indeed, if the money was left to you directly then the solicitor is remiss in not making sure that you have your money. Sue him for causing distress and you'll be loaded :)
    falipo wrote: »
    Your gym fees were hardly an essential if you were that hard up...
    +1
    Totally was tbh.
    Totally wasn't tbh!

Oh and aren't you in NUIM? Why the feckarse are you paying gym fees when the NUIM gym is free to students? Are you telling porkies? Were the 'gym fees' you supposedly paid for actually put towards 'nad-shrinking steroids'?

EDIT: I see Galway in your location, does that mean you are in NUIG? Student 12 Month Membership €165
    Student Off/Peak Membership €120? Did you choose the off-peak rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

fs... How old are ya 6?... Grow some Cohones.. step up and ask the damn question.!...kids!

Aaah leave the guy alone, he needs to tell the world he is doing a Masters.

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Oh and aren't you in NUIM? Why the feckarse are you paying gym fees when the NUIM gym is free to students? Are you telling porkies? Were the 'gym fees' you supposedly paid for actually put towards 'nad-shrinking steroids'?

EDIT: I see Galway in your location, does that mean you are in NUIG? Student 12 Month Membership €165
    Student Off/Peak Membership €120? Did you choose the off-peak rate?

NUIG's new gym costs 250 student membership, has to be paid all in one go and has limited spaces. Anyways it all worked out, the cash will be in my account. thanks blue_lagoon and others for decent advice. Shame about the begrudgers and such.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

i can give you the email address to a really nice nigerian gentleman who contacted me to tell me he could give me $17 million uganian dollars if i was to forward on my bank account details because he inherited the monies and he himself is rich and doesnt need it ...pm me for his details

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

NUIG's new gym costs 250 student membership, has to be paid all in one go and has limited spaces. /QUOTE]
    Us past students getting it nice and free,, oh baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

NUIG's new gym costs 250 student membership, has to be paid all in one go and has limited spaces.
    Then you need to get onto NUIG web team because I took those prices from the website!! :rolleyes:

Anyway, seriously, glad you got it sorted. However, I'd hate to think that if you were really stuck you would prefer to pay gym fees anyway. That's bizarre. You do not need a gym to be fit or strong. :)

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Then you need to get onto NUIG web team because I took those prices from the website!! :rolleyes:

Anyway, seriously, glad you got it sorted. However, I'd hate to think that if you were really stuck you would prefer to pay gym fees anyway. That's bizarre. You do not need a gym to be fit or strong. :)

I forgot that I had to pay the levy and was expecting about 200 quid more in my account than there was. Never made a mistake? I had enough food in the house to do the week, just about, but it was just a bit of a shock to be caught out because I'm usually quite careful with teh moniez.

Advertisement