Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Offers: Ex Subscriber

• 26-09-2005 2:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭

About four times I had letter from Sky offering:
    1/2 price for 6 months,

or

new equipment

If I renewed susbscription.

I rang them today but apparenty without some code or phone number on the letter you can't get the special offer.

Anyone know what number I should ring and code to quote?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

P.S. I forgot that it was fiifth Anaversery of Sky Digital in Ireland.

I ordered on 1st Sept 2000 and got install on 3rd.

Well eventually after ringing Sky on various occasions, then at beggining of October a Sky person gave me a different number.

I explained about the chucked out letters and said I would renew if I got a new box. They said yes and would even provide LNB/ Dish etc if needed.

I got install date and 3 days late the installer arrived.

I said the mini dish can go there.. there.. or there.. Or that end dish of that group of three could have a quad LNB instead of Dual. (An 80cm/90cm dish with Hotbird 13. Astra19E and Sky with a Dual). Cable already in underground to living room.

Well I plugged in the Quad LNB and he plugged in the new Sky box and didn't even want to stay for coffee.

I guess it broke the speed record for a "new install".

I'm happy.

He's happy

And Sky is happy to extend of 21 Euro a month :)

Anyone need a nice Dual LNB bought off www.satellite.ie about a year ago?

Brand new Sky dish adaptor off a Quad LNB available too.

Comparing TV Teletext, PALCom /PC Teletext, 5 year old Sky box and new Sky box, they make one big change:

On old box the Interactive text is not cached. Every page is slower than TV Fast Text. On new box the next page in a section is faster than even the PALCom or PC cached teletext. But random page load of interactive text is just as slow,

Conclusion, new box has much more RAM and is caching the Interactive text in a reasonably logical manner.

Took nearly a month to get sorted, but worth the delay.

New boxes must be cheaper now because initial contract period is dropped to 3 month with new box, (renew with existing box, only need one month to cancel).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

hi Watty,
    all I'd have to do is take of the single and pop on the dual, its in the sky adaptor and all that? if so, how much? safe me putting up another dish? I'm getting complaints about the two I already have up :-)

Can collect Saturday morning from Limerick.

I don't know 100% if the dual would work well on a minidish as it is for a regular dish, it might "see" too much area.

The bracket off the quad will fit on the neck of the Dual.

I did have five dishes, (one with 3 LNB for analog and a separate 4th LNB for analog) then cut back to two, recently I added a third.

If Telstar15 gets more interesting maybe I might put the dual on it if I pickup another Sat card for PC or FTA sat receiver.

Let me thiink about it Bogger77.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

No Worries.

Advertisement