Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Teresanne O’Reilly leaves Today FM for WLR FM

Options
  • 17-05-2015 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭

Teresanne O’Reilly will join WLR FM from Today FM in June.

Teresanne will also work as Assistant Programme Director at the station

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭John Joe Jones

They have not had a stable presenter for that 5am show since AM kelly left 6 or 7 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Would it be usual for a presenter to change four different stations in 18 months? Beat to spin to today to WLR? To a non radio aficionado it seems like a messy career pathway but maybe this is standard for the radio industry?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Would it be usual for a presenter to change four different stations in 18 months? Beat to spin to today to WLR? To a non radio aficionado it seems like a messy career pathway but maybe this is standard for the radio industry?

As its only two radio groups (Landmark->Communicorp->Landmark) its not quite as messy as it looks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Just working her way up the career ladder I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well that's an utter balls. I like teresanne as she seems a very good broadcaster. Balls anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Just working her way up the career ladder I'd say.

Is regional radio, presumably in a better time slot, seen as a career progression from national radio in a poor time slot?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭smallfridge

It would be seen as progression up the ladder. Smaller market yes, but better pay, better time slot and more stable job. Management is where the decent Salary in radio is.

Look at KC going back to red. Robbie Fogarty at 4fm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Assistant PD at a local would be a much better job career-wise than early breakfast at a national station.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Bring back Tim Kelly to the early show!

I was under the impression that you would need some station management experience or even head of music to get to be an Assistant PD. She only got into working for a radio station as recently as 2009, working with The Beat street crew and moving to an on-air role a year later.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lynsey

Wishing Treseanne all the best for the future. She is a huge talent to watch out for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭radioland

lynsey wrote: »
    Wishing Treseanne all the best for the future. She is a huge talent to watch out for.

I'd just like today to sort out their music policy for that hour of the day. AM Kelly was probably the last stable one as already pointed out. Newsflash there ain't much demand for dance music at 5 or 6 am !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

iwonderwho'llbetakingoverthetrafficreportsnowoniansshow,willtheyspeakasfastasteresaanne? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So teresanne is starting on wlr on June 22 and finishing up on the EB show on Friday week I think it is.

And Paula mcsweeney is now going to be doing the early breakfast show and Paula won't be doing her Sunday show anymore. so a three hour gap to fill on the weekend schedule AGAIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭robo

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So teresanne is starting on wlr on June 22 and finishing up on the EB show on Friday week I think it is.

And Paula mcsweeney is now going to be doing the early breakfast show and Paula won't be doing her Sunday show anymore. so a three hour gap to fill on the weekend schedule AGAIN.

Thats a pity as Paula is good at the weekend, compared to Martin King who does the Saturday afternoon show now with Premiership Live having the break for the summer. I thought that Paula deserved both Saturday & Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Maybe that's the slot Hector is going to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Maybe that's the slot Hector is going to get.

No Paula announced this morning that she is taking over the 5 to 7 slot after her holidays

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 Boxy Vinny

Itssoeasy wrote: »

I like Paula. She's a sexy little minx

• Registered Users Posts: 33 tsofitch

I enjoyed listening to her on Today Fm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

Teresanne O’Reilly is doing the breakfast show at 7 to 10 am with Timmy Ryan srarting 22nd june

• Registered Users Posts: 29 hatch03

Really enjoyed Teresanne on the radio, gonna miss her in the mornings, great talent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement