Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dealer to import from the UK

Options
  • 03-01-2009 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Does anyone know of a reputable car dealer who would take my car as a trade in and bring in a car that I sourced from the UK for me.

I've spotted a few extremely well priced cars on uk autotrader but my problem is in shifting my own car.

I've an 06 Golf GTi

Any advice much appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

It does'nt really work that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Sorry, you'll struggle to get a dealer to do that.
    You might be struggling to sell but most sellers are having a hard time. Might be time to slash the price or post your ad here for some feedback.

Then you do the importing yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Darsad

Thats kinda like wanting your cake !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Dream on IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Churchy

Kinda like getting a plumber out asking him the problem , tightening the nut yourself and then not wanting to pay because he didnt do anything.

All risk and no reward is what your asking someone to do.
    Risk in your part-ex , risk in the car to be bought unseen , risk in an unknown punter going back on the deal and dealer being left with two cars that he didnt want!
    No reward because you probably wont want to pay adequately for the service.

Come on give us a laugh how much would you pay for this service?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

NO Chance...!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭biggus

Ring Merlin Car auctions and see how much an 06 Gti is really worth, then see if the uk cars still look like good value,
    cheapest two 2006 GTI on carzone are 19k so it might make 14 in the auction ...
    now hows your budget ?
    or a UK Gti 2006 can be bought for 8k sterling plus vrt of 8500 so you can't have it both ways

Advertisement