Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FETAC Quality Assurance [Further Ed. Teachers]

Options
  • 19-08-2014 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have a question for further education teachers.

If a teacher was asked to coordinate fetac quality assurance within a further education college (500+ students), would the work involved constitute the duties of his or her 'A' post?

I know the question is one that would be at the discretion of the Principal but considering the amount of work involved and the fact the QA will change and grow over the next few years as it is standardised on an ETB basis, would this constitute the duties or the majority of duties of an A post?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭ustazjoseph

Razorfish wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have a question for further education teachers.

If a teacher was asked to coordinate fetac quality assurance within a further education college (500+ students), would the work involved constitute the duties of his or her 'A' post?

I know the question is one that would be at the discretion of the Principal but considering the amount of work involved and the fact the QA will change and grow over the next few years as it is standardised on an ETB basis, would this constitute the duties or the majority of duties of an A post?

Thanks

Its an awful lot of work and a serious responsibility. Quality assurance is a whole team , whole centre issue and the principal /director / who ever signs off on results etc is ultimately responsible. The work will invole a range of actions but you might just have to make sure some of them happen. its a long as apiece of string question .

Advertisement