Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Trad Band! Think High Kings/Celtic Woman/Beoga/Riverdance

Options
  • 19-05-2015 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Calling all trad musicians!

I am interested in starting a new trad/folk band. The overall idea of the band is to mix ideas from The High kings to Celtic Woman to Beoga to Riverdance, basically covering all basis of trad music and dance.

Looking for fiddle/accordian/guitar/bodhran/whistle.
    Also preferably musicians who can sing and either sean nos or irish dance as well as play.

I myself am a singer and piano/guitar/bodhran player so would prefer if other musicians had a different mix of multiple instruments.

I am a student at Maynooth University so it would be easier if you were from the Maynooth/Dublin area unless you are willing to travel for practices. Also I'm from Monaghan so guaranteed gigs up that area. I have been gigging in pub bands for around 5 years and have full sound equipment i.e desk/speakers/leads.

Looking for musicians aged between 18-24.

I think theres a real demand for a group like this. A young set of musicians, who can play a lively modern trad show. Absolutely love what The High Kings and Beoga are doing in particular, taking the old Clancy bros and Dubliners tunes and making them a bit more modern and then The High Kings taking old classics and adding unreal harmonies.

All suggestions welcome, be it a name suggestion or tunes/songs/dances.

If interested I can be contacted through email or on this: taralmcauley @ hotmail.com --> had to put in spaces because for some reason it wouldn't let me post with a URL.

Advertisement