Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lessons / Teachers [Post here only]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 concertina24

Hi everyone
    I teach tin whistle and concertina in the south Wexford area (about 20 minutes from either New Ross or Wexford town).

• Registered Users Posts: 1 OAIM Irish Music

The Online Academy of Irish Music will be offering 4 residential teaching weeks this year, in the town of Ennis. The dates are as follows:

Tin Whistle: October 4th - 9th (with Kevin Crawford, Muireann Nic Amhlaoibh and Kirsten Allstaf
    Flute: October 26th - 31st (with Steph Geremia, Conor Byrne and Kirsten Allstaff)
    Fiddle: November 9th - 14th (with Tola Custy, Niamh Dunne and Katie Boyle)
    Guitar: November 22nd - 27th (with MJ McMahon, Neill Fitzgibbon and Aodán Coyne)

Please PM for more info or check out Irishmusicholidays

• Registered Users Posts: 12 km71domino

Hello irish musicians !
    Im kevin Meehan a bodhran and tin whistle player from dublin city looking to teach those interested in learning bodhran , tin whistle and low whistle . Ive had experience teaching through comhaltas / private teaching / community schools , I also gig in ireland and tour abroad frequently . Dont hesitate to get in touch ! Just pop me a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kazohin

My students are getting a very strong base of piano playing, always supported by theory. Music and teaching is my passion, my lessons are fun and creative with games and improvisation. Techniques are for music, no absolute preference to finger or armweight technique. ABRSM or RIAM exams. I'm an experienced teacher with excellent references. Prices: First consultation lesson is free. 30 min:15e (I suggest so short lesson for very young students only) 45 min:20e 60 min:25e Any question, please conctact.
    southdublinpiano at gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Emz13

Button Accordion & Tin Whistle lessons available
    Junior cert & Leaving cert music lessons also available

Clare/Limerick area
    Fully qualified post primary school teacher
    PM for more info! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

Yes, I confess, I just purchased a bodhrán at the fleadh, but I've been wanting one for a while! It's a good serviceable learner's instrument, anyway.

I'm an American married to an Irish citizen, wanting to learn the traditional music as well as the technique. I have no Irish background whatsoever, but I have a very strong musical background in classical piano and choir. I had to sell my piano when I moved to Ireland, and I'm tired of always being the soloist, anyway, it's lonely up there by yourself. I'd rather be in a group now, but I'm not going to embarrass a session until I'm ready.

I'm not too proud to be in a class with children; I'll gladly share a drink with my teacher. I WILL practice. I'd prefer lessons by an experienced professional musician, to make sure I don't start off with bad habits. But if you just know and love your instrument and respect both traditional and modern music, and you seem to always be asked to show other people how you do it, I know you can teach me too. Anyone out there within a half hour of Sligo town willing to put up with me for an hour a week? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭batmanzed

Hi, I'm looking for fiddle lessons for my 7 year old, we're in Kildare town if anyone knows of any nearby. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭glord

batmanzed wrote: »
    Hi, I'm looking for fiddle lessons for my 7 year old, we're in Kildare town if anyone knows of any nearby. Thanks

I'm in Clonard Co Meath if that's not far. Can send me an email to gerardlordbanjo@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭batmanzed

Thanks anyway, it's a bit far

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Yffisch

If someone in Sweden (Göteborg) want button accordion lessons. Contact me! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭21 Schump Street

I am looking for tenor banjo lessons in Limerick city, does anyone here know of anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 New Ice Age

Anyone in Dublin teach Mandolin without going down the Irish music route??

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ECau

Irish traditional music teacher based in Clontarf. Can teach tin whistle, concertina, and wooden flute to all levels.
    I have been teaching and gigging for about 7 years now.
    Reasonable rates and willing to travel as well as host.
    Look forward to hearing from you!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Any button accordion teachers in Cork (city preferably?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭pavb2

Hi all my daughters are thinking of taking lessons in flute and concertina they have some experience but in general how much should it cost for half hour or an hour lesson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 okonomiyaki

40 euro an hour is going rate for qualified and experienced teacher. though qualifications arent be all and end all - it doesnt make you a good teacher. but if my kids found someone they liked, who was friendly and encouraging, and motivated them to practice then thats a huge part of it and Id pay for that influence on them. many students will charge less, as they are finding their feet and confidence, many experienced will charge more because they can given their reputation etc. especially schools like RIAM etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 okonomiyaki

its also important to note that many traditional players will charge far less, as they see it as a tradition they are passing on, just as it was passed to them. but you have to be dedicated and not mess them around, its disrespectful given that theyre investing in the passing on of the tradition too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 bogfire

For those of you looking for irish music classes, I suggest the South Sligo Summer School, July 10th - July 16th. Tubbercurry Co. Sligo. New classes being offered this year include; Tin Whistle as Gaelige, Audio Production for Irish Traditional Music, Introduction to Harmonica. on web sssschool.org

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭tosspot

Hi, looking for help trying to find adult group lessons for Irish dancing somewhere around South Dublin. I tried a few places but they seem to be finished for the summer. Anyone able to help out??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

Anyone know where I might get Bodhran lessons in Dublin? Preferably city centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Hi all,

Looking for accordion lessons with Cork city.

Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭blondeonblonde

Hi Folks,

Traditional Irish fiddle lessons available in Dublin. Experienced teacher and accomplished musician. All ages and abilities are welcome.

Lessons based in Dublin 20.
    Price is €20 euro for half hour/40 minute lesson or €30 for an hour.

Pm for more details.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 mccarroll_Paul

Qualified Classical Piano teacher available. Graduated from prestigious Eastman School of music in Rochester NY. BMUS, MMUS
    Lessons given on beautiful grand piano. Teach age 5yrs and upwards, including adult students. Competitive rates.

Relocated to Letterkenny in 2016.

Contact Paul on 0749129564

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sarah Flynn

Irish Traditional Concertina and Fiddle Lessons in Dublin.

I am a concertina and fiddle player from Dublin. I have performed nationally and internationally and have taught at leading Irish music festivals such as the Willie Clancy Summer School and The Joe Mooney Summer School. I have 6 years teaching experience in Dublin. I teach private lessons for children and adults of all levels.

PM me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Visaquestion

I'm looking for a tenor banjo teacher in Limerick city. Does anyone know of anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Looking for a tin whistle teacher in navan adult beginner ...cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Tradnuts

Hi everyone.

I'm offering Tin Whistle and Uilleann Pipes lessons.

I'm based in Maynooth.
    Private lessons. 1 on 1.

Also Low whistle lessons if required.

I've 30 years experience playing and teaching.

20 euro for 30 mins.
    30 euro for 60 mins.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 PKFarrell

Based in Longford
    banjo and guitar lessons (beginner-intermediate students)
    contact my email: paddyfarrell12@ yahoo.com
    or phone on: 0863601033

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ECau

Irish traditional music teacher based in Clontarf. Can teach wooden flute, tin whistle and concertina to all ages and levels.
    I have been teaching and gigging for a decade.
    Contact me at caulfie@tcd.ie for rates and further details.

Thanks.
    Look forward to hearing from you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭glord

Teach Banjo, Guitar,Mandolin to an elite level.Formerly played for the Fureys all over Europe. Teaching for 10 years. Teach via Skype/Facetime also.
    Can also do lessons on fiddle and whistle which I play very well also.

Based in Clonard,Co.Meath.

Charge is reasonable

My number is 0851408460

Advertisement