Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help! email issue on Note 3

Options
  • 05-02-2014 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭

so I got my new Note 3 last week and I tried to install my Outlook email onto the device and I have been on the phone to Vodafone every day since and no joy. The account is set up, I can send emails from the handset, but I cant receive new emails on the handset. Vodafone are just saying they cant help, my web/email provider are saying everything is fine from their end, they can see the email being sent from the account and being delivered so its a handset issue they say.
    Has anybody else had this issue? Should I hire an IT professional to fix this seeing as Vodafone cant/wont help me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Try and set it up on your pc with something like thunderbird and then use the in-going and out-going settings from that if it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭banjobongo

update on my email problem:

I have found out that I can receive new emails on my handset, by going into settings and changing the data usage section “Number of emails to load”. Once I do this and then go back into my email account and refresh, any new emails are delivered to my phone. But it looks like that every time I wish to check if I have new emails, I have to go through this process, so its obviously not a long term solution. Vodafone seem to have no idea what to do, so any advice from anybody on a resolution would be great!

Advertisement