Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a case/cover for Nexus 7

Options
  • 06-01-2014 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a case /cover for the Nexus 7 (2013 model)? Looking for a flip case that will protect the screen, act as a prop etc. and give some protection in a fall.

Preferably available in Dublin but will obviously buy online if it's worth it. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

Can anyone recommend a case /cover for the Nexus 7 (2013 model)? Looking for a flip case that will protect the screen, act as a prop etc. and give some protection in a fall.

Preferably available in Dublin but will obviously buy online if it's worth it. Thanks.
    Check the nexus 7 owners thread, plenty of suggestions there

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

• Registered Users Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I've been doing research on the same topic, haven't bought yet but the Poetic case gets lot of recommendations, it looks a bit less bulky than the one linked to above.

Note that 'poetic' is mentioned in the link in the post above but that's because it was used as a search word, the case in the link is not made by Poetic, this one is.....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Poetic-Slimline-Android-Manufacturer-Warranty/dp/B00E5NOXM4/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=3LN26NIBESA5G&coliid=I314683789SPYS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

I just ordered this one yesterday:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DKWZLEU/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'll let you know what it's like when it arrives, but it looks okay, and it was €17 including postage.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

you are correct, as you can see from the link i searched for the poetic one , its the poetic ones i have but they look very similar to this one. time was when they were 25 pounds, on my second batch they had dropped to 12.

• Advertisement

Hi

Just to report back on the case I linked above.....

I think it's very good so far. Sturdy, good magnetic clip, not bulky. It wakes the device on opening it, which works nicely.

Only gripe is that the folds in the front flap are very stiff. I had an ipad smart cover before, and it was very flexible and was easy to fold into the little triangle to make a prop. On this case, however, the folds are stiff and it tries to pop back out into a flat shape again. In fairness, I think it's loosening up a bit and maybe after a bit more time it'll be fine.

I'd recommend it for the price anyway.

Hi

Just to report back on the case I linked above.....

I think it's very good so far. Sturdy, good magnetic clip, not bulky. It wakes the device on opening it, which works nicely.

Only gripe is that the folds in the front flap are very stiff. I had an ipad smart cover before, and it was very flexible and was easy to fold into the little triangle to make a prop. On this case, however, the folds are stiff and it tries to pop back out into a flat shape again. In fairness, I think it's loosening up a bit and maybe after a bit more time it'll be fine.

I'd recommend it for the price anyway.

Update:

The folds are definitely getting less springy, which makes it much easier to fold into that little triangle shape to prop the device up.

Very pleased with the case, and would def recommend it.

Advertisement