Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OL Maths Repeating

Options
  • 02-02-2009 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

Hi all.

Did the Leaving four years ago, did well in everything bar maths. I scraped a D in pass maths. It's been bugging me for ages, and I want to go back and repeat this year. I haven't touched the maths course since, but if I stuck at it from now until June, did couple hours everyday, and a few grinds, would I be crazy in aiming for at least a B2?

Comments

Nope, you wouldn't be crazy at all. An OB2 is very achievable, especially if you have even an ounch of mathematical ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Have you applied to repeat as an external candidate yet? The closing date is 13th february I think, and that's the extended one. The actual closing date was 30th January so you'll have to pay an increased fee, maybe extra €30 or something. I think you can apply online on www.examinations.ie but I guess you have to ask a school principal first if you can sit the exam(s) in their school. You can definitely get a B2.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,859 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

With the right practice and teacher, you wouldnt have any problems acheiving a B2 ord.

If you only want to go back for math as a mature student you can do night-classes or private tutoring and just arrange to sit the exam with one of your local schools. Committing to a full school year may be a bit much unless you are going to resit several subjects.

Advertisement