Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

European sight seeing holiday

Options
  • 15-09-2015 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭

hi all,

single male here 34, I want to go on a sightseeing holiday and some nightlife sight seeing around some of Europe. Unfortunately looks like Ill be going alone.

Would like to see a few countries, not really too fussed which ones.

Where should I be looking ? ideally id like to go with a tour operator who caters for such I don't feel like going alone TBH, could be a bit lonely

Rgds,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭aidanki

any comments ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I literally, only a few years ago, looked at a map of Europe and threw a few pins on it <-- that decided where I ended up! My place of work was closing mid-week so I flew out on Sunday/Monday and back Wednesday/Thursday on three occasions in one month.

Are you thinking that kinda random journey or something more planned and organised? I've done those too :)

What are your interests? When you arrive in places, previously unseen, what do you find yourself wanting to explore and see more of?

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Ticking and Bashing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭aidanki

kerry4sam wrote: »
    I literally, only a few years ago, looked at a map of Europe and threw a few pins on it <-- that decided where I ended up! My place of work was closing mid-week so I flew out on Sunday/Monday and back Wednesday/Thursday on three occasions in one month.

Are you thinking that kinda random journey or something more planned and organised? I've done those too :)

What are your interests? When you arrive in places, previously unseen, what do you find yourself wanting to explore and see more of?

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

I guess I justt want to see some more of the world, no problem going to airport and getting somewhere or going to see new places however its there I fall down, particularly in the evening time Im back at a hotel, what do I do with myself now until tomorrow ?

or say I go to germany for a week, where do I even start with the tourist attraction stuff, I want to see all the famous monuments etc

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

aidanki wrote: »
    I guess I justt want to see some more of the world, no problem going to airport and getting somewhere or going to see new places however its there I fall down, particularly in the evening time Im back at a hotel, what do I do with myself now until tomorrow ?

or say I go to germany for a week, where do I even start with the tourist attraction stuff, I want to see all the famous monuments etc

~ Can't you explore the immediate area so you're not that far from your accommodation when you want to return? Research the local transport options like a tram, bus etc that would stop nearest you.

~ What would prevent you from leaving the hotel and just exploring the local bar(s); listening to the local music; interacting with the locals from that perspective.
    ~ Enjoy a meal down the local area and just soak up the atmosphere.

Would your accommodation have a gym? Any local gym otherwise you could pass some time? That's normally on my research list (where's my nearest gym?!) The days can be long with nothing to do, especially if bad weather as I'm sure you know.
    Your accommodation would also have an info area. Once you've decided on an area to visit; then look up that area and see what is there. You'll never see everything anyways that you'd want to see or visit so prioritise.

Right so, let's say you visit Germany - okay where in Germany? When you think of Germany what there do you want to visit? What do you want to see in Germany? What is it about Germany that makes you think, yeah I must go there!
    For me, I thought Berlin. I though the Brandenburg Gate. I thought Check-point Charlie. I thought Berlin Wall. I thought of the Berlin Zoological Garden.
    I then prioritised those options. Choose accommodation central-enough/walking distance from those. Once there then my eyes saw more of interest and off I went exploring those. Fantastic transport options in Berlin, especially the local buses so never actually that far from accommodation.

Give yourself a little kick out the room-door and find that confidence to venture out & about.
    ^^^ Best Part of Travelling :)
    Research the options for returning though especially if later in the evening-time so you're not relying on taxis,
    kerry4sam

• Advertisement
Advertisement