Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frejus area

Options
  • 01-07-2014 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭

heading here in a fortnight (to saint aygulf to be exact), we're renting a car in nice airport. there is a big camping site in frejus so i'm hoping someone on here might have been there and have some recommendations on nice beaches or any other things to do in the area??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Maxmelay

When are you going exactly? Because if you are going on summer time, it's quite different than going on autumn or winter time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭bungaro79

flying into nice monday week maxmelay

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭corm500

Which campsite is it?

Beach wise saint aygulf beach is supposed to be excellent although when we were in Frejus we didnt go there, we like snorkelling so we went to a place called Tiki Plage out past St Raphael. one of the nicest beaches we have seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Maxmelay

St Aygulf is nice. But for me the best area there is between St Raphael and Cannes. Agay and Antheor are pretty savage and nice area plus the beaches are gorgeous.

Also, if you want a nice beach and no so crowdy on summertime, you can go to the St Cassien Lake beach (it's not on the seaside but you will be quite alone over there) and it's only 25Km from Fréjus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

There's the Pierre Cardin bubble house about 20/25 km north east of where you are staying: 43°29'19.62"N 6°56'37.35"E which would be worth a look at. However I don't think it's open to the public for regular tours. There might be some theatre/concert events there which you could go to.

Also check out the interior/up the mountains. You'll find loads of gems like Tourettes sur Loup which is a relatively untouched medieval town on a rocky outcrop.

Have a Google for images of those and check out other places using the photos on Google Earth.

thanks for the replies, some great info there! st aygulf beach looks nice alright, we're staying in a hotel right next to it which is handy out as my wife is pregnant so the less hassle the better! we are hoping to find a carrefour or intermarche to get a cheap lounger or something for her as the price from the hotel to use their ones on the beach is around €30 a day!

i like the idea of checking out some of those inland towns too and finding nice places for dinner. i think we might take a trip to grasse too.

that bubble house looks surreal trickyd!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭aquarius10

If it's not too warm & you need a break from dozing on the beach.....We did a day trip in the car with the A/C and drove up around the Gorge du verdon - some amazing views and lovely little quaint villages up around that area, maybe bring a small picnic & a camera !

As I was pregnant at the time we took it easy too :)

aquarius10 wrote: »
    If it's not too warm & you need a break from dozing on the beach.....We did a day trip in the car with the A/C and drove up around the Gorge du verdon - some amazing views and lovely little quaint villages up around that area, maybe bring a small picnic & a camera !

As I was pregnant at the time we took it easy too :)

Gorge du Verdon was fantastic. It will take the whole day to see it all but it was the highlight of our holiday

just had a look at the gorge there and it looks fantastic!! i think we're going to do a trip to grasse and the lavender fields around the area too (for the missus) and on the sunday we're going to drive to nimes for the end of a tour de france stage (for me!).

• Advertisement
Advertisement