Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Police Certificate

• 12-07-2014 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I'm applying for jobs abroad, and speaking to one recruiter they said I'd need a police clearance cert to apply for a visa. I'm guessing this means a police certificate, and looking on the Garda website it says to apply in writing to the super. Does anyone have any experience with this? Do I just write a normal letter giving the details and explaining why I want it or is there some form I can fill in?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Go to your local station and they'll give you a form to fill out,bring all the info that it asks for on the Garda website (passport copy,birth cert copy,sae etc)

Should only take a few days.

Go to your local station and they'll give you a form to fill out,bring all the info that it asks for on the Garda website (passport copy,birth cert copy,sae etc)

Should only take a few days.

Also, you should have a visa before applying for work, as prospective employers may not entertain your application without one, no matter what a recruitment agency might say! Where do you intend going? You may be able to get a visa if you have a job lined up, but you'd be tied to that employer for up to 2 years, which may not work out. Good Luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 HereToHere

Also, you should have a visa before applying for work, as prospective employers may not entertain your application without one, no matter what a recruitment agency might say! Where do you intend going? You may be able to get a visa if you have a job lined up, but you'd be tied to that employer for up to 2 years, which may not work out. Good Luck

China, to get a work visa your prospective employer has to apply to the local authorities there, then send you a letter of invitation which you bring to the embassy here to get a visa.

HereToHere wrote: »
    China, to get a work visa your prospective employer has to apply to the local authorities there, then send you a letter of invitation which you bring to the embassy here to get a visa.
    Best of luck. Enjoy it!

Advertisement