Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XPS m1330 fan getting louder?...

• 31-01-2008 5:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

I can't decide if it's all in my head but whenever I turn on my m1330 laptop it's as if the fan has become louder at normal operating speeds than a few weeks ago. Granted, i only notice this when in a quiet room but has anyone else (1330 owners obv) noticed this?

I understand why a fan would get louder the longer you have a laptop on and the more processes it has running but this is straight from startup. I don't have any automatic virus scan software going or even much more programs installed...It's not annoyingly loud at all and could even be described as normal as laptops go but I know I would have noticed it before when i actually first got the lappy and I'm 99.999% sure it wasn't as loud as when first bought it.

Is this normal during the life of one of these laptops :confused:

BTW...I've checked out the web for similar problems but anything I've found seem to loud noises from actual defective units or from a defective mother board

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Haven't noticed it getting louder tbh, sometimes the fan may kick in under load but normally it stays off. Are you keeping an eye on your temps? It would likely be a defective part if it is really getting louder.

Advertisement