Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ebay dell batteries?

Options
  • 28-01-2008 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭

they are mostly in hong kong and cost about £27 but are they legit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Ronan H

The battery currently in my laptop was bought on eBay and although im not sure if it came from Hong Kong or not it has served its purpose well for me. As far as being legit goes, it looks the part and is identical to the one that came with my laptop originally so i have no reason to believe otherwise. I would have no issues with buying from eBay again either.

HTH.

Ronan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

sweetie wrote: »
    they are mostly in hong kong and cost about £27 but are they legit?

Are they explosive is more the issue...

Some of them are...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭roughan

I import batteries from there all the time
    and they are ok

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

BostonB wrote: »
    Are the explosivey is more the issue...

Some of them are...
    Some Sony batteries had a chance of exploding due too poor manufacturing and dirt reminents in the cells afaik, the ebay ones are made differently and should be ok, I've never used them, but the ones exploding wernt actually from ebay but actually from the oem! Also check your dell battery at the dell laptop battery program, if your lucky to be eligible you'll get a new one free :) Check HERE

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭hargo

I got one from ebay and have no problem with it after 6 months and it was a hell of a lot cheaper than Dell

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Depends on the sourse, A few years ago I got a spurious one for about 1/2 the price for a genuine one for a Compaq Evo on EBay from an Asian source and it was absolute rubbish. It didn’t hold its charge after a few months, It didn’t fit correctly i.e. was off a similar but slightly different machine. You pay for what you get and after that I have always gone genuine. (Some Ebay sources will do genuine, but are more expensive and UK based, other foreign suppliers "say" they are genuine but are counterfeits) Nokia battery suppliers on Ebay are up to the exact same racket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

there is a guy on eBay.ie from Dublin selling a lot of dell parts inc batteries.

Bought my laptop battery from him and have had no problems in a year and a half.

Was about €29 with €20 courier delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Access wrote: »
    there is a guy on eBay.ie from Dublin selling a lot of dell parts inc batteries.

Bought my laptop battery from him and have had no problems in a year and a half.

Was about €29 with €20 courier delivery.
    At least if you buy from Dublin you can bark at him if it dosn't work, Have you got a contact? I need a few bits for a latitude. Cheers.

Advertisement