Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re: help !!

Options
  • 02-02-2014 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hi all .
    Apologies if this is the wrong forum as I can find any other one relevant .
    My parents are buying a mobile home . And have a few questions if any of you can answer .. Here goes :)

(1) average transport cost from north Wicklow to north Wexford area .

(2) and is it normal to bring your own mobile home to a mobile home park or is it more so you have to buy one on the site already ?

(3) and if anyone can recommended or know a nice place ranging from Gorey down to Wexford town would be great as they are ready to buy and like all first timers they need a bit of guidance !

Thanks all .. Help ;(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

I wont be able to answer the location specific parts of your questions (as all my mobilehome experience is in North Kerry), but its about 50:50 here as to whether you buy one one site or bring your own in. Some places prefer you to buy one one site, and you can upgrade with a new(er) one as the years go buy. When mobilehomes reach the end of their life, they are usually no better than scrap and the site manager / owner is usually happy to see a new one come in to place on the site of the old one. There is often a one-time fee for bringing a new one in (it could be a couple of thousand euro). The cynic in me says this is to compensate the site owner from not getting a cut from the sale of an on-site one , maybe its to cover the removal of old one and hook up of new one.... ;-)

Last time I checked (not recently, I admit), the site fees were around €1500 per year, but that will depend a LOT on your location, the season times, on-site charges (water, electrics, rubbish collection), etc.

My biggest tip is to find a site / park that you like first. There are usually some m/hs for sale in each park, and you dont have the hassle of extra fees, transport, hookup etc. A m/h can easily get damaged when removing / transporting it. You may think you are getting a deal by buying one from a friend etc, but the transport & hook-up charges could negate that.

All that said, m/hs are fantastic 2nd homes! We had many many great times in ours, and often spent the entire summer living there. Its a different way of living (you get used to the small spaces quickly) and you are in your fav holiday spot from the moment you wake up to the moment you go asleep. Hot & cold running water, showers, satelite tv, internet, double glazing, and some even have radiators. They are like mini apartments. Enjoy!!

Advertisement