Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Galaxy 4 question...

Options
  • 03-06-2013 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭

Since this morning but not before my phone has started making random noises.
    Beep beep bong...over and over..randomly, like some sort of alert but there is nothing showing on my phone. There are clusters of the noise together and then it stops. Happening most when going online or making a call.
    Settings doesnt show anything. Head wrecked..anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

There can be numerous different meanings for tones but if I was to hazard a guess it's because you're making a call to a network that isn't the same as your own service provider. And when using the internet you're either paying as you go or connecting to another network other than the service and the phone is just warning you of that. No additional charges may apply it might just be that coverage in the area you're in is primarily provided by a different network to your service provider.

These are all guesses though. Look at the network coverage and internet coverage symbols should give you some clues. If it's persists, it's probably best bring it to the shop you bought it in and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Thanks Jernal. Its actually a tone like a warning tone coming out loud on my phone. E.g. I swipe the screen and click into a webpage "bip bip bong" that evryone can hear..no more sneaky web browsing at work..

Its not in my settings. It stops if i set my phone to silent/vibrarte ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

But not every time. Just logged on there and no noise. Accessed a text and it did it about 5 times in a row. ...so annoying

Advertisement